Do you wear lip liner with your mac lipsticks?

CeCe bOO13

if so which ones do you own and which ones do you wear with which lipstick?

i currently own the followng lipsticks:
angel
blankety
creme de nude
hue
viva glam V
syrup

i dont have lip liners so i dont wear them but i think it would be interesting to c what they look like with certain shadows

so please feel free to post ur fav combo with lipsticks and lipliners along with which lipgloss you put over =]

Mabelle

i usually only wear ll with darker/bolder lip colours. My lsticks are all red (which i wear liner with) or light/natural, in which case i skip the liner

Bonitinha

Subculture or Sublime Culture liners look great with any light pinks or nudes -- they would look nice with Angel, Blankety, Creme de Nude (I have all of those and have used that combo). For Viva Glam V and Syrup, I have used Whirl liner.
Nymphette l/g is pretty over Viva Glam V. I like Oyster Girl l/g over Blankety.
Nars Turkish Delight is nice with Angel -- but you can go with any shimmer pale pink or lavender. I have used Love Nectar with Angel or Creme de Nude.
It all depends on if you want to give it a peachy or a pinky look. The possibilities are endless
smiles.gif

LMD84

i don't wear liner everyday. however for lighter lippies i use naked which cam,e out with art supplies. with light pinks i wear in synch from art aupplies. then for browny lippies like naked paris i wear spice. then i also have plum soft for darker lippies and cranapple for bright pinks
smiles.gif

Steel Magnolia

I always wear lipliner and most of the time I fill my lips in with it as well. I use Dervish most frequently as its very close to my natural lip colour and I find it improves the longevity of the lipstick.

CeCe bOO13

Thanks I'll have to look into some of these, I just got creme de nude & don't think I like it so I'm tryin to like it with a gloss over it

MzzRach

If I wear lipliner, I tend to use one that matches my lips as opposed to matching my lipstick. My go to shade is Subculture.

makeba

I always wear lipliner with my lipsticks and glosses. I wear Brick with Ruby Woo, Plum with Syrup and Sweet Brown with Hug Me.

xKiKix

i used to use lipliners but i've been lazy ever since i've gotten the urban decay lip primer. shame on me, lol.

Lebellabeauty

I never use lip liners. It's just an extra step that isn't really needed for me at least. I always just wear my lipstick alone.

reesesilverstar

Yea, I tend to wear lipstick only and the only 2 that I use a liner with are Gaga and St. Germain. They can be a little too startling without it.

naturallyfab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
i usually only wear ll with darker/bolder lip colours. My lsticks are all red (which i wear liner with) or light/natural, in which case i skip the liner

I agree! I only wear lip liner with heavier colors that really need to stay put on my lips. For example, the Viva Glam Gaga may not necessarily need liner, where as with Russian Red you HAVE to!!!
flower.gif

beautytraveler

i dont wear lipliner because i am afraid that it might change the color of the lipstick.

ive read people using the cargo reverse lipliner before applying lipstick

dont know if that would work
ssad.gif

martiangurll

Several reasons to wear lip liners with the lipsticks for me

1. If I want to emphasize a tone in the lippie (like using a warm liner so make the shade look warmer)

2. To keep the lipstick from migrating if I use a gloss over it

3. Fill in lips first with pencil to make the lipstick last longer or to "nude" out the lip first so the color of my lips is less visible through a more transparent shade (like a glaze or lustre)

Jemma28

I wear it everyday. I have a thin upper lip and fuller bottom lip and I find that if I use the STONE l/l it gives the appearance of a fuller upper lip.

HOTasFCUK

Remember those lipglass pencils they came out with a few years ago? Those were really nice! Too bad they were LE.