Doing makeup for my best friend's event!

ashley8119

My best friend is of Filipino and Caucasian descent and from my understanding of what she told me, it's a pretty big deal. It's called a May Crowning and it's a super popular practice among Asian Americans. I did her makeup earlier this year for her work's Christmas party and she was so happy with my work that she asked if I could do her makeup for a May Crowning event. I will be airbrushing her foundation on, but applying regular cosmetics instead of airbrushing contour/blush/highlight at her request. Touch ups are so much easier that way, in my experience.

She has long black hair, perfect straight white teeth, medium to full lips, and full brows. She wears glasses so I'm not sure what to do for her eyes and lips. The last time I did her makeup, she requested a just-bitten red lip and a smokey gray/black rimmed eye. However, due to the religious atmosphere, I think most would agree that anything like what she previously requested wouldn't really be too "appropriate" for the setting.

I was thinking about maybe a bridal type of look, soft and timeless and appropriate for the church setting.

I would appreciate any recommendations!

SnowAngel1106

Hey! I'm Filipina and White (and Thai) too! WOOT WOOT!

I would agree, something simple, timeless, and soft would be good for May Crowning. My suggestion:

Brule or Bamboo - all over lid
Cork - crease
Shroom - highlight
black liquid liner

pale/nude/pink lips

Just a suggestion!
smiles.gif