Drugstore Minerals vs. Bare Minerals.

mariecinder

Has anyone tried any of the drugstore mineral foundations? I use Bare Minerals everyday and its my HG foundation because my face has cleared up so much since I started using it. So my question is, how do the drugstore brands compare to B.E.?

RoseMe

I have both Bare Minerals and L'Real brnad mineral foundation. I actullay like L'Real a lot better. It offers more coverage yet feels more silky upon application.

xsnowwhite

i've tried the physicians formula mineral makeup and it made my face break out like no other, and I couldnt even get the shades to match - they were all too orange for me.

alysaunknox

I was too broke to buy my regular BE, so I got Milan's mineral makeup...The actual powder is comparable, and it hasn't made me break out any more than BE, but I HATE THE PACKAGING!! It's soooo hard just to get the damn powder out, and I don't use the brush that comes with it because it kind of sucks, IMHO. So I tap the powder out into the lid of my Benefit Dr. Feelgood to put it on, and use my BE brushes. But the product itself, its pretty good.
wavey.gif

goodbyexxkitty

I use Physicians Formula and I LOOOVE it! It makes my skin look great and it isn't orangy at all. Also my skin is clearer than ever since I've been using it.

glam8babe

i use BE and i thnk its the best.. i dont trust drug store brands for foundations or anything

Ms.Amaranthine

The first mineral makeup I tried was L'Oreal. I bought it one day because my foundation melted (Yes, melted. I live in Arizona. 120+ is standard for the summer) and I had to fix it. I bought the lightest shade they made and it was still five or six shades too dark for me. It says sheer on the bottle and they DO mean sheer! It had no coverage, just made me look like I had a really bad, fake tan. The brush that came with it was relatively useless. Still not sure how I was supposed to use it.

I recently tried Bare Minerals and Everyday minerals. I think both are divine. I doubt the drug store brands will ever compare, for me anyway. It's just so hard to find shades that match me.. so I have to stick to the more expensive crap.