Dumb (seller) and dumber (bidder)

panda0410

actually I thought this seller was pretty honest, although I dont see anything in his feedback to suggest which seller he bought them from. At least he is admitting they are fake - there is no way any buyer can come back and say "I didnt know" - this bidder should know exactly what he/she is buying if they have read the description and obviously want it anyway.

Wannabe Junkie

doh.gif
girlhaha.gif

chameleonmary

hey hey sweety yes i know in a way at least theyre being honest but i'd be too embarrassed to try to sell it again! id cut my losses throw the crap out and learn a valuable lesson! and for someone to bid on it, shame shame!

wolfsong

I just messaged the seller telling him why he should not be selling these (counterfeits are illegal and againt ebays policy, not to mention potentially harmful), and asked him to take it down. Also the bidder is probably wanting it to sell on as real. We'll just have to see if he has a conscience...

Look at the 'feedback left for others' - he left them a neutral.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by chameleonmary
hey hey sweety yes i know in a way at least theyre being honest but i'd be too embarrassed to try to sell it again! id cut my losses throw the crap out and learn a valuable lesson! and for someone to bid on it, shame shame!

LOL!! I am not disagreeing with you
winks.gif
I also think the bidder is an idiot.... I would never part with my hard earned $$ on fake items, only god knows where they have come from and only god knows whats IN them....lolol!!

wolfsong

Hehe they've taken it down now 'bidding has ended...'!
WOLF POWER!
:soldier:
th_ymca.gif
:soldier:

Edit: "I HAVE HAD TO REVISE MY ITEM & ITS WORDING AS A EBAY MEMBER TOLD ME THAT I WAS DOING SOMETHING ILLEGAL !

I WOULD JUST LIKE TO RECOVER SOME PART OF MY MONEY !"

Its a small world... This seller bought a lot from the seller that i posted a thread about:
http://www.specktra.net/showthread.php?t=78095
The original seller (thedumpz) - were they advertising their items were sh!t in their name? - had this amusing comment in their about me section:

Welcome to... "Our Store"

We are 2 system analysts in Bangkok from Thailand. Our products are guarantee of quality and satisfaction.

Our products are various classified for example as clothing, paintting arts etc. If you need some thai product, you can suggesting to our e-mail that we are welcome. The important thing we will give the best service to customer.We wish you satisfy and impress with our service (Please you don't worry about our store because we already register
with ebay and paypal).

Don't thrust me, untill you try to take our product already.We sure that you will love our product.
"Thank you for interest my products"

Kindly enjoy with several our products..
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you & Best regards,
[email protected]

Translating at its finest!

cynpat2000

wow thats great. I hate getting fake merchandise. ive bought 4-5 pigments off ebay. I dont even know if theyre real or not, but I use them anyway LOL

Tabitha

Maybe I'm an idiot, but those shadows look like the larger pot shadows that Mac used to sell several years ago.

Tabitha

Well, if the seller is 100% certain they are fakes, then you have to admire them for their honesty, but then again they may not know for sure...better to be safe than sorry. I'm not saying these are the older, larger shadows, because I can't remember what shades were available back then, but Mac did have large shadows at one time. I'm sure if I was only familiar with the small pot shadows fake would be an easy assumption.

panda0410

The seller bought them from a known fake seller who sells in "lots". These items are definitely fake.

wolfsong

The window of the pots are rimmed - MAC has never (please correct me if this is wrong, and somewhere in MACs dark past they did once have these) had rimmed windows on their e/s. Also ive seen the old style pots and they look nothing like these to me - they look more like something smashbox would sell. Also check the logo on MAC as someone has mentioned (i think it was caffn8me, but again correct me if im wrong) MAc is anal about their printing - they wouldnt sell e/s that have font differing in both size and thickness. These are fakes - there is not doubt about it, even if i said above MAC did once upon a time have rimmed windows (not much shocks me after seeing smashbox's old style logo....)
Please see the following link that some kind and wise member wrote about MAC e/s
fake v authentic:

http://community.livejournal.com/uk_makeup/6330.html

Edit: Made by minisprite/alterego = sarah