Duochrome eyeshadows & pigments

BunnyBunnyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
Why wouldn't... parfait amour be considered duochromes?

I would assume that it isn't a duochrome because it is perriwinkle with a violet shimmer/frost, not a metallic reflective second color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy z
duochromes are my favourite....

really, they can be very nice and can be combined with more colors, than usual e/s as they already have 2 shades

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny
I would assume that it isn't a duochrome because it is perriwinkle with a violet shimmer/frost, not a metallic reflective second color.

exactly. just cause something has different colored shimmer, doesn't make it duochrome. what makes it a duochrome is when its one color one way, then at a different angle its another color. for example, vellum is white when applied on your skin. but when you look at it at a different angle, its blue/violet. it doesn't have blue/violet shimmer/frost to it, it actually changes color to blue/violet. same with stars n' rockets. its pink one way, purple the other. grape/entremauve are purple with red shimmer/flecks. if it were a duochrome, it would be purple at one angle and then change to red at a different one, but it doesn't. steel blue is kinda difficult. the color doesn't change, however, you do see all the colors of its dirty tea/blue/green, just not at different angles.

Shadowy Lady

I also love duochromes and these are some of the ones I can think of:

Pigments: old gold, pink pearl, blue brown, deep blue green
shadows: tilt, stars 'n rockets

These are the only duochromes I have, I'm sure there are more out there.

ThePowderPuff

I looked on all the eyeshadows on Mac's website, but the only eyeshadow the mention duochrome on is expensive pink. That's strange
th_dunno.gif

LMD84

vellum is a duochrome shadow that looks white but flashes pink or blue. i think it's gone from perm to pro now though.

macattack77

Quote:
Eyeshadows:
Parfait Amour
Vapour
Club
Expensive Pink
Tilt
Vellum
Motif
Hush
Vex
Rose (Pro)

wow, thanks for the list! what color does each one turn when put over some black liner? Club I know becomes a lovely peacock green-blue and vellum becomes pink but I don't know the others.

I love duochromes... I think it's a great way to stretch a dollar at MAC since you're basically getting two colors in one!