Dupe/High light

Folie

Hi all. I'm a fair girl who likes a very light high light. The color I've been using forever is Estee Lauder Ivory Box, but it's been discontinued. :shock: I'll be needing a new one soon. Does anyone know what Mac color would be a dupe for Ivory Box? I'm thinking Blanc Type or Crystal Avalanche, but I've nevber seen these two in person. Thanks!

PinkBasset

I don't have Ivory Box, so I don't know any dupes for it, but I can tell what Mac ones I like to use. Mac has some really nice highlight colours, for example Shroom (pale whiteish beige with subtle sheen to it), Vanilla (the Vanilla eyeshadow is mostly matte, beautiful ivory. The Vanilla pigment is shimmery champagne colour with goldish and pinkish tones). Also I like Blanc Type a lot, it's a matte pale cream colour in Matte2 formula so it's buttery smooth. Crystal Avalanche is a pure white with a frosty sheen to it. Gesso is a matte pure white. Nylon is a very frosty pale yellowish highlighter, but on brow bone it can come across quite harsh sometimes because of the high frost, I prefer it on my tear duct area only. Vellum (a Mac Pro colour) has a nice duochrome to it, it's a sheer whiteish colour that flashes some violet, beautiful!

So those came to my mind first from the permanent line. They are perfect for pale skin tones. I find Vanilla (the eye shadow), Shroom and Blanc Type to be the very best of them for everyday use. I hope this helped! :)

Folie

Thanks. It helped. I think the closest color would be Blanc Type. I guess I'll just have to swatch when I go to the MAC counter near me in March. I hate it when a shade I love becomes discontinued. :(