Earrings for this dress!

Chelseaa

Hey Guys : D
Sooo prom is coming up again. I have my dress and everything! I'm just not sure about the jewelry. I was thinking just earrings? What earrings do you think I should get with this? (not really sure about hair yet, it will probably up in a low bun, loose rather than slicked back and curly-like.) Woo, thanks in advance for any advice!

It is the black one.
FLIP Dresses - from Prom to Formal

Divinity

I think a necklace would clutter the neckline and you really don't need one because the straps are so decorative. I totally agree with the loose hairstyle. As for earrings, I can't really tell what kind of decoration is on the straps. I would get something small with the same kind of coloring/material. So maybe tear drop smoky quartz type earrings with a gold colored setting. If you pop in to a dept. store with a picture of the dress and the straps, you can shop easier and if you have trouble, you can get the help of the sales associate. Good luck and happy prom!
smiles.gif

Brittni

Big diamond cluster earrings would be hot if your hair is up. Maybe longer danglies, something with crystals, if your hair is down.

Chelseaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittni
Big diamond cluster earrings would be hot if your hair is up. Maybe longer danglies, something with crystals, if your hair is down.

I was thinking the same thing...the cluster earrings. Thanks for your advice! Definitely going to take Divinity's advice, too and take a picture into a dept. store or something with me.
yes.gif

Brittni

Woot woot! I got a pair from Claires and they're gorgeous! Mandy Moore is who inspired me to get some when I saw her wearing a pair on an awards show...
smiles.gif
post pics when you get 'em!

erine1881

i agree with divinity. no necklace. and definately small simple drop earrings. anything bigger would be two much from the back. you don't wanna overdo it. your dress is the main focus, so think simple and soft.

makeupmadb

I would say no necklace as you're saying, it would look strange with the dress straps. I'm thinking perhaps a loose, plain diamond (doesn't have to be real) bracelet and perhaps some diamond drop earrings. Have fun!

Chelseaa

Thank you all for your ideas! : )
Yeah I pretty much knew I wasn't going to get a necklace. That would just be way too silly.
I'll check out a few different pairs of earrings and I'll definitely let you know when I get 'em! Or I'll just post pictures after Prom. Hehe
greengrin.gif

xShoegal

Some cute little glitzy earrings and a shiny bracelet with diamonds! : )
Be careful, the dress is pretty flashy... no need for eye-catching jewellry!

_5264677.jpg

Cute diamond studs.

_5516974.jpg

Some unobstrusive bracelets!

_5517064.jpg

3 of them would work great! : )