ebay seller Malibubarbieandfriends

MACATTAK

I noticed she sells the same colors over and over, and the pictures are so fuzzy you can't see the fonts.

rockin

PLEASE NOTE: I AM NOT A MAC/ESTEE LAUDER COSMETIC DISTRIBUTOR, NOR AM I AN EMPLOYEE FOR MAC/ESEE LAUDER COSMETICS. I GET ALL MY PRODUCT FROM RELIABLE WHOLESALERS.

Pretty much says it all
thmbdn.gif

abbyquack

actually, i have bought from this seller and her product is legit. it is 100% identical to my e/s directly from MAC, and the color pay off and durability is clearly MAC quality. The only thing is the e/s may be old, because she sells angelcake and budding beauty, two discontinued shades. other than that, it's good product.

neezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
actually, i have bought from this seller and her product is legit. it is 100% identical to my e/s directly from MAC, and the color pay off and durability is clearly MAC quality. The only thing is the e/s may be old, because she sells angelcake and budding beauty, two discontinued shades. other than that, it's good product.

well i have 10 things from here that look identical to the thread that shows the differences between the real and fake ones, as well as the fact that when i told her that one of them was broken (in a pot may i say) that she sent me another color that did the same thing :-\
I also took them to M.A.C. today and they confirmed what was listed on here...

The thread that they look identical to:
http://specktra.net/f257/identifying...-photos-52853/
And the two colors i had were neither of the colors that you named at all.

abbyquack

that is so weird, she must be shady if she is selling random products like that! i just checked mine out and compared them to the ones on that guide, mine don't look fake at all. they look identical to real MAC e/s...so...i wonder what her deal is?

All i know is that i am gonna stick with MAC directly for my products, because i will probably never know if these are fake, but i don't want to risk the hassle in the future. it's bothering me now, knowing that these could at all be fake, even though they're fine ya know?

oh and this gold cover/indented pan? what exactly do you mean? b/c i don't have either on mine but you never know.

neezer

esp with the pan, when i depotted them, two of them just broke period. and i use heat to depot so they shouldnt be breaking yanno?
so then on top of the one that came broken i remember looking at the pans and i was like why is it indented like this? so i just put them in my pots but now i came in here and saw that, and i questioned her and her answers seem to try to go left field when im right so basically she knows what she is doing. Im so tired of ebay letting phonies on here like this.

abbyquack

maybe we should both report her b/c if yours are fake, mine prob are too, even though they don't look it...and the colors she sells are like the same ones that everyone conveniently has mass amts of, like strawberrynet and other shady ebayers...darn! thanks for the good investigation though!

mreichert

I've purchased e/s from her twice- the colors were dead on for the MAC shadows, but I did notice about the indented pans on the bottom. But, I also noticed the shadows seemed old- the glue was very hard to get off....

I've used the shadows for awhile now and haven't seen a difference in quality
th_dunno.gif

panda0410

the indented pans are only found in fakes girls - please see the thread that xqueeze_me did or depot them and see. julie also posted a letter from mac confirming that mac only uses smooth backed pans!

neezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
the indented pans are only found in fakes girls - please see the thread that xqueeze_me did or depot them and see. julie also posted a letter from mac confirming that mac only uses smooth backed pans!

oh i believe you lol! i have written my note!

sdtjefferson

Dang it! I wish I saw this before I bought from her. I got 4 shadows and noticed right off they were difficult to depot. I wish I saw this prior to bidding on her products. No more ebay for me. I'll just spend the money on the real deal.

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdtjefferson
Dang it! I wish I saw this before I bought from her. I got 4 shadows and noticed right off they were difficult to depot. I wish I saw this prior to bidding on her products. No more ebay for me. I'll just spend the money on the real deal.

Sorry to hear that! Any chance of getting a refund? File paypal/eBay dispute?