Ebay to ban negative seller views.

captodometer

I've sold lots of stuff on Ebay. And I think I have left negative feedback for about 10 buyers: they were all people who bid on my listings and then didn't pay.

This new change just sounds incredibly stupid. If anything, buyers who have feedback left for nonpayment should be blocked from leaving any feedback for the seller in the transaction. The new change makes it incredibly easy for dishonest buyers to defraud sellers: just claim the item never arrived, even if it did, and then leave negative feedback for the seller. Then file a Paypal dispute and get a refund. And then there's absolutely nothing the seller can do about it except complain.

After enough similar complaints, Ebay and Paypal will eventually close the problem buyer's account. But this will happen only after a lot of honest sellers have been ripped off.

Doesn't look like I'm going to be selling anything else on Ebay.

MACATTAK

These new rules suck. I'm sure there will be a good amount of buyers who take advantage of honest sellers.
nonono.gif

nunu

I saw this on the news and my first reaction was that it is really silly to be honest because buyers now can't tell whether the person is selling fake items or not. Negative feedback on sellers is sometimes good because it enlightens you about buyers who have purchased fake items from certain sellers.

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
I saw this on the news and my first reaction was that it is really silly to be honest because buyers now can't tell whether the person is selling fake items or not. Negative feedback on sellers is sometimes good because it enlightens you about buyers who have purchased fake items from certain sellers.

That's not how it's implicated though. It means that sellers can't leave feedback on buyers. Not the other way around.

lilMAClady

It's ridiculous. There has to be something more to this lopsided change in rules. I look at feedback before I place my bids. Now there will be a skewed view of people on ebay. This is going to cause SO many problems. What was EBAY thinking??

newagetomatoz

This is partly why I only use eBay about once a year. It is just so confusing at times and things are constantly changing. It just befuddles me how people come up with some of this stuff and expect others to comprehend it.