eeekkk!! MAC MAs please advise (help a sista out)

II3rinII

ok so im helping to facilitate update with our trainer. which ive helped her before (like 3 diff times) each time i get a little more responsibility. the last update, i did a lot, even did one of the master classes with her, but i was nervous and it showed. this time im presenting all the news briefs as well as doing the style warriors master class. heres where i need your advice...

what keeps you interested at update? when trainers are presenting the items what keeps your attention? should i be entertaining and funny or will that just be annoying?

its weird, im like the most extroverted introvert. i love performing, i went to a performing arts high school i danced and did theatre all my life.... but i get the worst stage fright. when im with friends, im funny witty and loud, but if im around strangers i claim up and get really reserved. my trainer wants me to work on "letting go of my inhibitions". but its hard.

so can you guys make suggestions from your update experiances as to what holds your attention and makes you think "wow i love when so and so facilitates..."

thanks!!

DirtyPlum

I love hearing tips from other MAs on products, brushes and how better to interact with customers...

I also like it when new LE items are used to discuss their usage on counter and even better when they are broken down into how they can be used to serve different customer groups (breakdwn by skintone and ages etc)

To keep my attention, ask us q's, keep it realistic and use examples that we can totally relate to on the shopfloor

humour helps but only if its naturally flowing...

I love the interactiveness of Update and really love it when my trainer doesnt dismiss any 'wrong' answers from us, she will listen to every individual and make everyone feel as if their contribution mattered and helped in a way.

But I guess if you will be doing news briefs, everyone will mainly be wanting to know prices and safety/sanitation kinda things? Those have so much information that they go by quite formally?

For the masterclass, we had one awesome senior artist joke the whole way throughout his and everyone thoroughly enjoyed it...

HTH in some way... good luck! You'll do great!

kcphoto

Erin, you know as well as I do that you will kick ass. You always do!

I wish I knew enough to tell you what to do- but the post above mine seems to have lots of great ideas.

Love you to bits and pieces, sweetness!

II3rinII

whew!! so i did it and it rocked!! it was really cool because for the first half our res trainer's boss was there, i guess hes the regional trainer, i forget, anyway he has atlanta and several other georgia stores and then noth flordia (my region) and one alabama store and then burmuda (weird i know) anyway he just got us, because our old regional who was based out of tampa took on a retail manager role. so it was our first time meeting him and he was observing our res trainer and i was assisting her. all in all hes super cool, very funny and relaxed (complete opposite of our resident trainer, who i still love but shes just wound a bit tight). anyway i had helped her ste up and made several theme boards and he was super impressed and as i was doing my newsbriefs, i stayed informative but kept it light, interacted and even tossed out "trivia" questions. appaerently as i was doing it he went to sarina and wispered "shes really good at this, shes like a trainer". at lunch he told me himself how impressed he was and i gave a shout out to sarina on how she really groomed me well. it really boosted my confidence, when we came back in i did the master class and it was awesome! the artists were treating me as if i were another trainer, asking which products i was using, what technique and brush and then ohhing and awwing over the makeup. and my model loved it too, it was a complete opposite look from her norm. and everyone knows about the curse of update (all the make up looks like shit for some reason, like everyone hates the makeup rotations cuz you end up getting someone who messing up your face and then you gotta leave and be in public like that) but if your lucky enough to have a trainer do you then you can leave proud, well thats how my girl was, she was like ' i dont want to wash it off, this looks awesome". so yeah im on cloud 9 right now i dont know why i stressed.

Bernadette

Congrats! That is so awesome that you have had such a great opportunity to take part in Updates like that. I bet that if there are ever any Trainer positions open you'll be a shoe it. Too funny about the "Update curse" because it's so true. When I left mine on Monday I actually looked good and felt comfortable, only the second time that's happened
lol.gif

ms.marymac

Sweet! Sounds like you are a lot of fun! Glad it went well.

Makeup rotations! The last time we did that my face got pounded in with the 129 and it hurt for two days. I also had Greensmoke down my cheeks.

II3rinII

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.marymac
Sweet! Sounds like you are a lot of fun! Glad it went well.

Makeup rotations! The last time we did that my face got pounded in with the 129 and it hurt for two days. I also had Greensmoke down my cheeks.

dooooooooood its the curse!!!

what the hell? we are all amazing artist yet the makeup at update is stank-tac-ulous!