Engraved Numbers on back of Pan - is this fake?

MrsMay

Hi,

I had seen it mentioned in other posts that an engraved number on the back of the pan is one of the counterfeit traits. Can anyone please confirm this for me?

My concern is that while depotting my eyeshadows this afternoon I have found one with this engraved number instead of the normal raised printed number. What worries me more is that I bought this directly from a MAC store earlier this year.

I'm hoping that I may just have mis-read previous posts about this trait
ssad.gif

I would really appreciate it if someone could please take a look and let me know what you think?

Thanks!

jrm

I have a few like this, also bought directly from a MAC store.

From what I seem to recall reading - and I might be completely wrong, or mis-remembering - this is a sign of a 'sample' or 'tester' to be used within the store itself. Can anyone confirm?

julie150463

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMay
Hi,

I had seen it mentioned in other posts that an engraved number on the back of the pan is one of the counterfeit traits. Can anyone please confirm this for me?

My concern is that while depotting my eyeshadows this afternoon I have found one with this engraved number instead of the normal raised printed number. What worries me more is that I bought this directly from a MAC store earlier this year.

I'm hoping that I may just have mis-read previous posts about this trait
ssad.gif

I would really appreciate it if someone could please take a look and let me know what you think?

Thanks!

What is the actual metal pan like? If it's smooth it's
thmbup.gif
any indents or circles and it's fake
thmbdn.gif

MrsMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by julie150463
What is the actual metal pan like? If it's smooth it's
thmbup.gif
any indents or circles and it's fake
thmbdn.gif

The metal pan is smooth just like the rest of the shadows that I have bought...

I'm sure that it's authentic as I bought it directly from MAC, I guess I'm just confused as to why the numbering would be different...
th_dunno.gif

But if others have had shadows with the same numbering and they were authentic, then I'm happy with that explaination.

aeroSOUL

if you bought it from a MAC store, it's not fake!
the numbering might be diffrent because it isn't an old e/s.
I know MAC changes things around, if you bought another shadow with it, the numbering way should be the same.