Europe Trip Recomendations Please c:

secretwish

I'm going to France, Switzerland & Italy for two weeks with school. I'm curious about the fashion there... I'll be with a big group (30!) but I'd love not to scream "TOURIST" as much as they do
tong.gif

Also any packing & shops tips would be greatly appreciated.
OH! And what stuff is good to grab and what should I stay far away from.

thanks.
bigheart.gif
bigheart.gif
bigheart.gif

urbanlilyfairy

dark jeans, scarves in all colors, boots with skinny jeans is pretty popular here in italy hehe..

its cold here right now ..so you see lots of skinny jeans, boots, and nice coats and everyoen wears scarves, men women babies lolz.

secretwish

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlilyfairy
dark jeans, scarves in all colors, boots with skinny jeans is pretty popular here in italy hehe..

its cold here right now ..so you see lots of skinny jeans, boots, and nice coats and everyoen wears scarves, men women babies lolz.

lol well that's good because it sounds what i wear like every day.
just need another pair of skinnies because i only have one that actually fit.
what kind of boots though, dressy or uggs?

breechan

Pack loosely on the way there, to allow for things you buy. Also keep in mind the weight restrictions (contact airline for more details).

I lived in switzerland for one semester. Things tend to be cheaper in Italy and France if it's a chain store and you're using Euros. You can get lots of cheap and trendy stuff at H&M.

A good souvenir of switzerland is a Swatch wristwatch, and a mini swiss army knife. My little knife came in handy sooo much the next time I went backpacking in Europe.

Whereabouts in switzerland are you headed, perhaps I can help you more.

user79

Def not Uggs. You will def not blend in wearing Uggs.

Bring some comfortable shoes that are already worn in, a lot of people here wear boots with a very low heel or flats. You don't want to traipsing around doing touristy stuff in stilettos or high heels, trust me.

Just be yourself.
smiles.gif
You can do some shopping here and get a sense of the style. It's actually getting a lot warmer too so I'd bring a spring jacket as well, I think woolen winter coats would be a bit much in cities at the moment. I've been wearing my cotton trench coat a lot.

V15U4L_3RR0R

OT but if you're going to Switzerland, Go visit Bern. Such a wonderful city and they have the bestest bar in the whole universe!!!!!!!!!!! If you get a chance, go to the Kornhaus Keller. Simply amazing. The Swiss also have some very giggle worthy names for things (no offense MissChievous). It's such an interesting country though and I'd love to go back and stay with my friend again.

No idea about the fashions though. I just took my usual seasonal clothes with me and hoped for the best.

secretwish

Quote:
Originally Posted by breechan
Pack loosely on the way there, to allow for things you buy. Also keep in mind the weight restrictions (contact airline for more details).

I lived in switzerland for one semester. Things tend to be cheaper in Italy and France if it's a chain store and you're using Euros. You can get lots of cheap and trendy stuff at H&M.

A good souvenir of switzerland is a Swatch wristwatch, and a mini swiss army knife. My little knife came in handy sooo much the next time I went backpacking in Europe.

Whereabouts in switzerland are you headed, perhaps I can help you more.

From what I know
We're going to:
Paris, France
Venice, Italy
Geneve, Gruyere and Lausanne, Switzerland
not 100% sure because there might be more stops.