Experience required for Bobbi Brown counter UK?

Janey

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone out there knows if you need experience to work on Bobbi Brown Counter? If so what do you need? Fanx!

KawaiiPrincess

Hi there. I think you need both makeup and retail experience.

I recently had an interview with the Estee Lauder Bureau and the lady said you don't really need to have any experience because the company train you. I have a feeling she was lying because she asked everyone in the interview about our past experience. It was a group interview and quite frankly I didn't rate the format at all. The Bureau didn't mention it was going to be a group interview in the letter until everyone turned up and looked shocked. There was no group task or individual interview and the lady spent most of the time talking about the company. Then she went around and asked us 1 question each and then we were sent home. I have 5 years retail experience and I still wasn't considered for the Beauty Consultant job. I thought I did well but I guess I wasn't strong enough in expressing my interest or it was my lack of makeup experience. It is very competitive at the moment so you need to work twice as hard at interviews.

I plan on taking a makeup course soon and then work on my portfolio so I can start a freelance career. I might apply again once I have more experience. I can't speak for everyone else that had job interviews with Estee Lauder UK so I hope this doesn't put you off. All you can do is express your interest in makeup and cosmetic retail selling. Try your best and good luck!

Janey

Thanks honey, I did apply for estee lauder in newcastle. I got through the phone interview but later got a letter to say position was filled. I am thinking of enrolling in a make-up course, my goal is Bobbi Brown but am applying for any cosmetic counter vacancy, hopefully they will give me a chance, you need to start four retail experience somewhere dont you?!! thanks again xx