Extras when you swap??

ILoveMacMakeup

I am about to do my first swap for MUA and I want to throw in an extra or two. The only thing is I've never swapped before so I have no clue what to put in. Please help! What do you usually send as extras?

pumpkincat210

Pigment samples are an idea. If you don't want to use a container, tiny clear plastic bags (you can get them at craft stores) are good to use for the free samples.

hyperRealGurl

u might get better results by posting in here
http://www.specktra.net/forumdisplay.php?f=184
smiles.gif

sweetmelissa

Pigment samples are a good idea and people love those. I usually throw in samples I've gotten from counters etc. along the way but sometimes I also send non cosmetic items like cute hair bands or barrettes, stickers, flavored tea bags, single serve flavored hot cocoas, chocolates....all kinds of things can be used. Just think of things you'd like to receive! Keep in mind the weather though-sending right now I'd avoid anything meltable like chocolate.

Juneplum

i send pigment samples, perfume, shower gel, lotion, shampoo samples etc., and other cute sample things i get in the mail or pick up from stores
smiles.gif

lemurian

I agree with the above suggestions, but I also try to check out wishlists and notepads and see if I can't find a trial size of something or at least a similar type of item to what they've got listed
smiles.gif
After years of swapping, I ended up with a lot of great extras that I had no use for, so now I try to be more thoughtful when sending extras, and in my experience what goes around definitely comes around! When I posted on my MUA notepad that I was pregnant, I got all kinds of really generous and surprisingly appropriate goodies.. DVDs, even! I <3 MUA.

jessiekins1

various beauty product samples. that's what i usually send. some people send candy, tea bags, trial size items, mini soaps, barettes, bracelettes, etc. lots of people on mua specify what they like to get and what they don't like to get. lots of people have sensitivities or allergies.

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with the above also... I try and hang on to any samples I won't use. Also, you might want to check out Bargain Hunters as alot of freebies are posted there that you can get on the internet. You couild do some of those and save them for future swaps when they arrive!

randiu

something small - pigment samples, toe seperators. I usually don't use my extras so don't worry about if you can't find anything!

BeautifulHelena

I like to use pigment samples, perfume samples, chocolates or I have a look on people's notepad to figure out what they'd like.

bozica

i tend to include pigment samples as extras most often, and sometimes empties for back to mac

queenofdisaster

im a crazy sample collector. i love when i get trial sized stuff in the mail! so id love to get those kinda extras and im sure that other ladies would too. one time on ebay i ordered a msf sample, i only paid $2.51 altogether and the girl was such a sweetie, she included a thank you note and several small fruit candies. soo cute!