Extremely Oily Skin - Please Help!!!

dramaqueen

I have this, and if you apply it as a moisturizer (it is a little hard to rub it) it works wonders, and I have had no film, and I have tanned skin. But you need to use it as a moisturizer, not along with one.

lara

Firstly, what sort of skincare routine do you have?
A gentle gel-based cleanser and a gel-based moisturiser are a must if you have skin that produces an excess of sebum, or just have skin that isn't parched dry. I usually recommend Nivea gentle cleansing gel in tandem with Tea Tree Moisture Gel from The Body Shop for people with normal, normal-oily, or oily-excesive skin. Also consider a natrual clarifying mask like Mask of Magnaminty or Cupcake from Lush once a week to deep-cleanse and rebalance your skin without irritating it. To remove your make-up each day, use an oil-based cleanser like MAC's Cleanse-Off Oil or Dermalogica's Pre-Cleanse rather than scrape at it with a glycerine- and alcohol-soaked removing towel. Oil removes oil, remember.
smiles.gif

If you get your skincare sorted and don't torture your skin (provided you don't have a hormonal reason for your excess sebum production), your skin should begin to rebalance itself within a fortnight or so.

As far as your make-up goes, try a water-based liquid foundation like Face & Body from MAC or MUFE. Oil-based foundations are moved by oil from the skin, whereas water-based foundations aren't affected by it. Don't forget to set your make-up with a good matte/blotting powder, and avoid glycerine sprays like Fix+.
smiles.gif

HTH!

MAC_Pixie04

I would recommend Cosmedicine's Medi-Matte oil control lotion in conjunction with Bliss' Steep Clean facecare line, both available at Sephora(.com). Also, maybe once a week, steam out your pores. Mix a few drops of Ylang Ylang oil extract in boiling water, drape your head over the bowl with a heavy towel, and steam out your pores for about 10 minutes. The ylang ylang actually goes into your pores and in essence says "Hey, this girl's face is moisturized, you guys can take a break for now." So it basically alerts your skin cells to stop producing sebum because you don't need any additional moisture. You can do this with just about any essential oil, since as lara says Oil removes oil, but the ylang ylang is the best one to choose. Decleor has a line including the oil extract, a night balm, serum and cleanser that helps enhance the ylang ylang treatment, but it's a tad pricey. ranging from about 42 to 65 dollars a product.

ballerino

Sorry to revive guys...
I just wanted to make a comment on skin care, people with oily skin, as previously mentioned here, should NOT use stripping cleansers.. anything that has any kind of ALCOHOL in it should be avoided at all costs, using such cleansers only appears to clear the skin for a while and eventually will stop working and make the skin condition worse. The pores need to be able to move open and closed freely without being stuck open with alcoholic toners and anything that drys out your skin. This goes for moisturizers also, any product that you put on your face as skin care, you should check to see if it contains alcohol.. Anything that strips your skin exposes it to the elements, not only allowing your stuck open pores to be easily clogged, but exposes you to elements that will age your skin much quicker!!!
I reccommend a legitimately organic skin care, perhaps a cleansing milk or a organic cleanser with some clay in it. I have oily skin and believe it or not i moisturise with rosehip oil now! Most would cringe at using oil to moisturise oily skin but i tell you what its made a world of difference (Loreal Happyderm was great then it started destroying my skin, as well as Pro Active which i only recc. using for a period of time till you acne dissapears, THEN GET OFF IT! It's nasty...Hope this enlightens you as it did me, i was skeptical, but im so much more greatful im on it now
smiles.gif

MACaholic76

I agree with both Lara and twobear. You need to look into a new skin regime to help treat the problem which sounds like you are over producing oil. Since I agree with what was said, let me just remind you that oilier skins age slower! So you see, while some might hate the oil and the shine, it might help you a few years down the road.
Treat your skin gently and don't use things that might be too harsh as it will only make your skin mad and make it produce more oil. Thats just its way of saying "dont f**k with me"! Tretinoins (retin A) and a lightweight moisturizer w/spf have done wonders for my skin. I also use the MAC oil control lotion under my moisturizer and although I'm not 100% shine-free, I'm under control.
Oh, and look into Chanel's Double Perfection fluide or compact. That stuff will suck up all the oils in your skin leaving you shine-free for hours!!!

ballerino

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACaholic76
I agree with both Lara and twobear. You need to look into a new skin regime to help treat the problem which it sounds like your are producing too much oil. Since I agree with what was said, let me just remind you that oilier skins age slower! So you see, while some might hate the oil and the shine, it might help you a few years down the road.
Treat your skin gently and don't use things that might be too harsh at it will only make your skin mad and make it produce more oil. Thats just its way of saying "dont f**k with me"! Tretinoins (retin A) and a lightweight moisturizer w/spf have done wonders for my skin. I also use the MAC oil control lotion under my moisturizer and although I'm not 100% shine-free, I'm under control.
Oh, and look into Chanel's Double Perfection fluide or compact. That stuff will suck up all the oils in your skin leaving you shine-free for hours!!!

well said...
smiles.gif

MAC_Pixie04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianne
This is getting TERRIBLE reviews on MakeupAlley in their Product Reviews section. Average is like a 2.4 out of 5. Apparently the texture of the product is really hard to spread and cover the face and it can leave a whitish cast on the skin. I was all set to drop the $42 and buy it, as my skin is insanely oily, but I don't think so now.

I agree the texture is hard to spread, but if you put it over a clean, moisturized face, it really isn't. And most people are using it all over instead of where they're oily, which will make it even harder to spread. And a lot of clients who don't even have oily skin by it and hate it and i'm like "What'd you buy it for in the first place you don't have oily skin."

I have horribly oily skin all year round, and this stuff worked really well for me. and you don't need a lot so don't let the price talk you out of it, but it kept my oil shine free for almost 18 hours. I put it on at night just to see what my face would look like when I woke up (Because that's when its really obviously shiney) and i didn't have to apply it for the rest of the day.

Latest posts