Eyeshadow base for oily lids

Doowop

May I know what is the best type of eye makeup base for oily lids?

Is this procedure correct: eye moisturizer ->eyemakeup base ->eyeshadow

or do I have to apply a neutral eyeshadow after the eyemakeup base?

lightnlovly

I have really oily lids and the (semms like the only) thing that really works for me is Urban Decay Primer Postion!! My eye makeup doesn't crease or slide all day and well into the night!
thmbup.gif

Best stuff ever made!

freaksinunif0rm

I really want to try UDPP!

Paints don't work for me...I remember one of the nice MAC ladies telling me that for oily lids to use concealer first then paints.

Simply Elegant

I use a concealer for oily skin first and then foundation and then a neutral coloured eyeshadow and it looks good at the end of the day.

labwom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Elegant
I use a concealer for oily skin first and then foundation and then a neutral coloured eyeshadow and it looks good at the end of the day.

I agree! I used to do that and it helped a lot!

prinzessin784

Try wiping your eyelids with an alcohol free toner before applying your eyeshadow base. I find it really helps absorb the oil and reduce creasing during the day.

Doowop

thanks!

does Mac studio finish(or is it fix) spf 35 concealer work?

and by neutral eyeshadow, it's skin coloured right?

MiCHiE

You can eliminate using tons of products on your lids with UDPP. 1 product great results. Try asking for a sample of it at Sephora.

eowyn797

i reacommend UDPP alone (none of that other complicated stuff!) or ArtDeco e/s base alone (this is only avaliable form Europe, but you might find a nice European here to CP it for you
winks.gif
)

i have super super oily lids and these are the only two products that work for me. UDPP can be super drying, though, so be careful if you have sensitive skin.

iamheartcore

I have this problem too. I've tried the following (which may work, but you can try it) and at times my eyelids crease or doesn't crease...

1) MAC Paint (letting it dry for about a min) with Frostlite F/L (just a little bit of it) with 242 brush..buff with 217 brush

2) MAC Paint (letting it dry for about a min) with neutral colored S/S (Beige-ing preferably) and buff with 217

3) MAC Concealer with MAC Paint

At times my makeup will last for a few hours then crease and other times within an hour it creases. I haven't tried UD Primer Potion, but heard great things about it!

Doowop

thanks!

I can't get UDPP here in my country and can't order from overseas..thanks for all your suggestions!

eowyn797

Definitely try the ArtDeco e/s base, if it's avail in your area...not sure which country you're in...