eyeshadow blending tips/pictures?

dynamite

hi, i'm new here. i'm sorry if this has already been posted, i couldn't find anything that answeres my question.

but i'm looks for tips/tricks and pictures on eyeshadow blending. i never got into doing the whole thing with using a bunch of different eyeshadows and stuff. i really love how it looks but i just simply don't know how to do it. i usually just wear one color shadow with liquid eyeliner. i want to do those beautiful techniques i see around with the eyeshadows. anyone know any good tutorials, sites, pictures that i could take a look at? like some of the intense (for nights) and daily tips makeup.

also, when you use colors on the inner lid, outer lid, crease, v, highlighting, etc. i really don't know any of that....could someone show me a tutorial on that?

i feel like i'm an idiot for asking such silly questions, but i feel this is the right place to ask cause everyone here seems very knowledgeable.

i'm also in cosmetology school and i don't know a whole lot about make up techniques. my thing is doing hair; cuts & colors...so yeah. i'd like to increase my knowledge with make up! thanks!

wordshlut

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamite
hi, i'm new here. i'm sorry if this has already been posted, i couldn't find anything that answeres my question.

but i'm looks for tips/tricks and pictures on eyeshadow blending. i never got into doing the whole thing with using a bunch of different eyeshadows and stuff. i really love how it looks but i just simply don't know how to do it. i usually just wear one color shadow with liquid eyeliner. i want to do those beautiful techniques i see around with the eyeshadows. anyone know any good tutorials, sites, pictures that i could take a look at? like some of the intense (for nights) and daily tips makeup.

also, when you use colors on the inner lid, outer lid, crease, v, highlighting, etc. i really don't know any of that....could someone show me a tutorial on that?

i feel like i'm an idiot for asking such silly questions, but i feel this is the right place to ask cause everyone here seems very knowledgeable.

i'm also in cosmetology school and i don't know a whole lot about make up techniques. my thing is doing hair; cuts & colors...so yeah. i'd like to increase my knowledge with make up! thanks!

i second this...

MiCHiE

This thread is The Anatomy of The Eyeshadow Application.

As far as blending, you want to use a brush that is fluffy, but can easily form a point small enough to combine the colors and not muddle them. A 217 or 224 should do the trick. Like I read here, you want to have your colors come together and not be able to see where one ends and the other begins. To acheive this, it's good to use your 217/224 in small circular motions where the colors meet. It takes practice and it's good to blend a little, take a look at the result and continue or stop.

zori

Here is a pretty informative tutorial on e/s blending:
http://specktra.net/showthread.php?t=62932

Hope this helps
clap.gif

User49

I am thinking of getting an eyeshadow primer. I've never actually used one before. I have heard the most good things about Urban Decays potion one. Has any1 used it? Can you tell me what it 'feels' like when on the eyelid? And how good it is for making it easier to blend and if it has good staying power? If not that, Benefit She Laq... Is that any good? Thanks!

saniyairshad

source
Apply a dark line at the base of your lashes. (Use liner, but other wise, wet your eyeshadow applicator and draw a line like that)

With a brush, dust on a black eyeshadow on the line. It should be softer than the liner. The shadow should not go beyond your lid.(The brush will naturally dust the shadow slightly above the line so as to give the "vanishing affect".

Apply a bone shadow on the brow to brighten it all up.

Latest posts