Eyeshadows for blue-grey eyes?

ritva07

Hi! I'm a newbie in MAC cosmetics and need recommendations on what eyeshadows to buy. I have blue-grey eyes, reddish brown hair with golden highlights and pale skin. I don't have MAC stores anywhere near I live so I'm buying from eBay and that makes choosing the right colors much more diffucult.

ivorygleam

I have a similar complex to you... I haven't found a color that looks good, or that I like. What type of look are you trying to create, is where I would start.
A day look?
A work look?
An evening look?
A fun look?

glamqueen1

try any brown, bronze or copper! would look great with your hair, and brown brings out the blue!

ritva07

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivorygleam
I have a similar complex to you... I haven't found a color that looks good, or that I like. What type of look are you trying to create, is where I would start.
A day look?
A work look?
An evening look?
A fun look?

Mostly a day/work look, but recommendations for evening look would be great too. I like sort of classical makeup style, not too bling-bling.

ritva07

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamqueen1
try any brown, bronze or copper! would look great with your hair, and brown brings out the blue!

Thanks for advice! Could You name some e/s shades (not pigments) that You like best? MAC has such a huge amount of shades available, for example Patina, Soba, Woodwinked, Bronze, Antiqued, Satin Taupe, Coppering. They all look beautiful in MAC's web pages, but can't buy them all...

glamqueen1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritva07
Thanks for advice! Could You name some e/s shades (not pigments) that You like best? MAC has such a huge amount of shades available, for example Patina, Soba, Woodwinked, Bronze, Antiqued, Satin Taupe, Coppering. They all look beautiful in MAC's web pages, but can't buy them all...

all those would do fine! I suggest you go to a MAC counter and pick out those you like the best! It's hard to say exactly which one, but you can choose one brownish, one bronze-ish, and one more for the fun of it!
smiles.gif

glamqueen1

sorry, I forgot you didn't have any MAC counter near you! well, in that case, you can just get any of the ones you mentioned that shows up, can't you?

seabird

i have the same shade eyes and i actually asked this question in a mac live chat today, but i was wanting a more natural look. "Eye shadow shades such as Gleam, Hush, Arena, Motif, Crystal, Folie, Corduroy and Shale are all great shades to bring out your eyes." this was the response! so i'd try one of those.