Eyeshadows not for every eye? Help me find a way!

Sound Of Vision

I have problems with wearing eyeshadow. Not medical ones, but with the way it looks on me. It's not the color, quality or staying put on my eye - I know my colors, I use quality makeup and I use eyeshadow base.

It just seems to me that my eyelid is too...small for applying. Like there is no enough space to manoeuvre .
For example, I use only two colors. I put them on, blend them together (not too much) and in the end it all looks squished and you just can't see that there are two colors...there is no transition visible.

I can do a simple look, and follow tutorial exactly but in the end you just can't see anything.
I do have a bit lowered under eyebrow area so it covers the crease and outer corners of my eyes are covered, concealed. I know I'm not that good in makeup, but come on, the simplest stuff!?
I saw too many tutorials and I get it all, I have conditions for simple looks. I can't imagine how it would look like if I put more colors...When my eyes are open you see just one color...it almost looks like I'm wearing eyeliner only.

Am I doomed on mono looks and eyeliner only? I know my mother wears 3 different eyeliners only all her life, but she said it's because she couldn't find colors that suit her, not because of eye shape or something.

I became so resigned I wanted to give up on makeup experimenting and practicing. And just when I got package with some pigments and wanted to get more tools... >.<

I don't think I'll be posting my FoTDs any time soon, at least until something changes for better. It's all so disappointing.

Some people suggested I should make the shape much larger (extending over and beyond the crease). The thing is, I'm still new in makeup techniques and all, and all those tutorials would not really work for me...there will be no usual crease shading and I'll have to 'move' all the colors...Do you know any tutorials with this kind of application? I'm visual person and I learn that way the best.

And here are the pics, just for the reference:

Thanks for any help!
heart.gif

Sound Of Vision

Hey hey, you're here too!! I just thought asking here too, since here are tons of ladies and tons of their tutorials...I just went to Tutorials thread and started looking at them...Thanks again!
heart.gif