Face Primer Recommendations? All Brands Welcome!

TISH1124

Re: Recommendations for foundation primer -woc friendly

I use Smashbox primer or MUFE Matte all over my face

Miss Redgal

Re: Recommendations for foundation primer -woc friendly

i think im gettin confused..primer is for setting ur face to hold make up
so is it supposed to fill in lines and fix wrinkles or is that a plus?

highonmac

Re: Whats a good face primer? All Brands Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBunnieP
v.v I can't get mostat anti-chaffing gel in Canada unfortunately.

acutally i purchased it at the rexall pharmaplus not to long ago

Girl about town

i love smashbox photofinish in light its a non greasy version of the original it gives an amazing finish and stops the greasies too!!

carandru

I also agree w/ the monistat. But, I've also been using Laura Geller's spackle primer and I like it a lot.

tremorviolet

I recently bought MAC Prep & Prim SPF 50 and I'm really liking it. I dont' feel it under foundation at all. And I've noticed my skin's actually gotten better since I started using it (probalby because it's lighter than my old moisterizer/sunscreen).

RedRibbon

I quite like the GOSH one,it's quite pricey for a drugstore brand but it's the only one that has given me smoother looking skin without adding foundation over it, that and Dr Feelgood are my saviours when I wake up late.

alka1

Quote:
Originally Posted by carandru
I also agree w/ the monistat. But, I've also been using Laura Geller's spackle primer and I like it a lot.

Yes! Spackle primer by Laura Geller is by far the best one i've tried. I like MACs primers, but Spackle feels smooth and almost refreshing to apply. It's not too silicone-y or too greasy.

As for the primers I have already tried:
MUFE HD
MAC Prep+Prime Skin
MAC Prep+Prime SPF 50
Tarte clean slate
Smashbox Photo Finish
Monistat
Bare Escentuals Prime Time

some were better than others, but overall I still prefer Spackle. I have a deluxe sample that i've been using but plan on getting full-size soon. I wanted to get the Supersize version from QVC but it is sold out
ssad.gif
it's a great deal - 4oz for $27. I am waiting until next week when Laura Geller has new shows and hopefully it will be restocked.

User38

I have used LM, BB, Smashbox (which so far has been the best) and I am now in posession of a Monistat which I will try soon.. I think that a primer is as personal as a foundation. Some are perfect for some of us, some are perfect for many of us.. and some are just perfect for us
smiles.gif

AmiS4ys

I absolutely love Smashbox Photofinish Primer. I would suggest just getting the clear one vs. getting the colored kinds. They are supposed to correct imperfections on your face but I have the green one and I honestly don't see a difference. But the product itself is great for liquid foundations. I don't have a powder foundation so I wouldn't know how it would work on those.

HTH!

CheeSauce

I also use the smashbox one and I love it! I really recommend you trying it if you haven't already.

gildedangel

I personally use MAC's Prep and Prime SPF 50 primer, but it is not everyone's favorite. It is a little sticky but I think that it is just the sunscreen in it. The regular face primer from MAC is great too, but I like the SPF 50 one better. Try samples of those and see how you like them!

Smiles7

(Matte?) Foundation primer recs pls....

I've sworn by smashbox's foundation primer for as long as I can remember but I've recently noticed that it makes me look very oily and, consequently, hasn't allowed my foundation to properly set on me and absorb into my skin. I've tried MUFE's HD primer (yellow) as well and I just don't like it. Rather then brightening my skin, as it claims is the purpose, it just makes my already yellow undertoned skin look more yellow and sick. I don't think it allows my foundation to properly absorb into my skin either. I'm afraid to try MAC's primer because I've had awful experiences with their foundations and their MSF natural.

Does anyone have any recs for me? All input would really be appreciated. Thanks!

gildedangel

Re: (Matte?) Foundation primer recs pls....

I actually really like the MAC ones, I use the SPF 50 one and have no problems with it. You could also try MAC's Matte (Pro Product) and that may help you out.

*neerja*

I just recently bought laura geller's spackle under makeup primer. and im surprised that i love it!
my skin is veery oily and smashbox also made me oilier and broke me out. in addition to that, i used clarin. cover f/x, BE primer, lise watier primer, several MUFE primers, mac primers and none of them worked for me. i hadnt even heard much about laura geller and just picked it up randomly while walking to the counter at sephora and it makes my makeup stay on for a loong time. im so used to walkin to the washroom at 11 at work to go blot my face, but these days im surprised to see that i don't look oily at all
smiles.gif
give it a try! or get a sample first to test it outt

Smiles7

Quote:
Originally Posted by *neerja*
I just recently bought laura geller's spackle under makeup primer. and im surprised that i love it!
my skin is veery oily and smashbox also made me oilier and broke me out. in addition to that, i used clarin. cover f/x, BE primer, lise watier primer, several MUFE primers, mac primers and none of them worked for me. i hadnt even heard much about laura geller and just picked it up randomly while walking to the counter at sephora and it makes my makeup stay on for a loong time. im so used to walkin to the washroom at 11 at work to go blot my face, but these days im surprised to see that i don't look oily at all
smiles.gif
give it a try! or get a sample first to test it outt

I'm going to have to stop by Sephora and give this a try!

Latest posts