fairly new to MAC, recommend me stuff?

GoddessChaos

My friend and I went to the MAC counter at Nordstrom's in the mall a little bit ago... she had her makeup done (the artist did a completely awesome job on her and I totally wish I hadn't been wearing makeup) and we both bought some stuff... I am addicted now, but I'm kind of on a budget and so I want things that are really going to work out for me.

Mostly I'm interested in eyeshadow/eye stuff, but recommendations of anything you think would look good on me would be great. I'm fairly pale, red hair, hazel eyes with gold tones in them. Picture provided below. I'd love to pop out the gold in my eyes. I know blues do that, I have to be careful about what sort of blue I wear though because anything dark or navy-ish just makes me look dead. I was eyeing the pretty blue-greens like Aquadisiac. Same with lipstick, anything red-orange makes me look hideous, I need blue undertones with reds and corals.

My friend and I share makeup sometimes, so I will occasionally have access to hers. Between us we bought:

Her - Dazzlelight (I want one for me!), Matte Brown, Coppering, and Sketch eyeshadow, Bare Canvas paint, some foundation/mascara,
Burgundy lipliner, Fresh Morroccan lipstick, and Oversexed lipgloss.

Me - Carbon and Electra eyeshadow, Flammable paint (the artist suggested getting it for a "flame-y" look because I have yellow and orange already)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, it'll help me put a shopping list together next time I go.

|
V

me wearing my MAC stuff

DSCF0010-2.jpg

saniyairshad

e/s:
Amber Lights
Woodwinked
Shroom
Goldbit
Humid

f/l:
Blacktrack

l/gs:
Russian Red
Beaux
Sinnamon
Instant Gold

*Luna*

Quote:
Originally Posted by saniyairshad
e/s:
Amber Lights
Woodwinked
Shroom
Goldbit
Humid

f/l:
Blacktrack

l/gs:
Russian Red
Beaux
Sinnamon
Instant Gold

Couldn't have said it better myself. Coppers, Golds and Greens will really work wonders for you!

GoddessChaos

Thanks for all the suggestions *writes down* I love wearing golds/coppers but the only really good stuff I have is my Physician's Formula shimmerstrips and one ancient pot of Max Factor (do they even come in singles anymore? I've never seen them like that again). Anyways, I'll definitely check these out next time I go!
smiles.gif

Latest posts