fake 168 and 180?

MAC_addiction<3

i am sure these brushes are fake, i just need your opinions before i open a dispute with the seller. The seller btw was angelbach2
s.gif
on ebay. The brushes smell funny and the JAPAN stamp (which i couldnt get a good picture of) looks too deep on the 168. Also the "180" sign on the bottom of the 190 brush doesn't look right at all. The 168 did come in the plastic sleeve & the 180 came in the plastic case, both which say:
MADE IN JAPAN
DIST. BY/PAR:
MAKE-UP ART COSMETICS
TORONTO, ONTARIO,
CANADA M5V 1R7
LONDON WIK 3BQ
MADE IN JAPAN / M882-01
MACCOSMETICS.COM
which im sure is fake. Please let me know what you think
smiles.gif
TIA!
(oh and sorry the pictures arent very good quality)
x x x x

168and180.jpg

168.jpg

180brush.jpg

bottomof180.jpg

wolfsong

The grooves on the metal are too deep set to be authentic. Is the 'MAC' logo fully silver (counterfeit) or white with silver outline (authentic)?
Theres a good photographic tutorial in the brushes thread at the top of this forum section (the link is on the last page somewhere).

MAC_addiction<3

The MAC logo is fully silver but then again it is on my real brushes that i got from the MAC shop so i don't think i can use that as an example. I realised though, the handle is no where near as glittery or black as the handles on my other authentic brushes, they are both definetly fakes so thanks for your help! i will go and look at that thread now x x x

wolfsong

Damn - i thought the silver, not silver thing was a definitive factor. I'll have to rely on the power of the grooves then...
th_ymca.gif