fake BASIC RED pigment

panda0410

bleh, look at this crap - horrible fake matte pigment....

You know I have been scouring ebay and honestly atm I would reckon that at least, (if not more than) 80% of the current listed pigments are fakes
thmbdn.gif

divineattic has the worst fake rose gold I have ever seen!

rockin

That Basic Red looks very pink in that picture, doesn't it?

I was looking at a pigment listed by divineattic the other day, but decided against it - probably a very wise decision as it turns out.

ExquisiteImages

It looks very pink because of the flash of the camera.

The eBay seller purchases wholesale pigments and eyeshadows from the same wholesale supplier as eBay seller closetmustgo.

ExquisiteImages

I believe divineattic is a wholesale supplier also. I saw a listing that she was selling 100 MAC eyeshadows for $820 shipped on another website a few weeks ago. She's located in NM.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExquisiteImages
It looks very pink because of the flash of the camera.

The eBay seller purchases wholesale pigments and eyeshadows from the same wholesale supplier as eBay seller closetmustgo.

nope, this one is fake and is from the same group of fakes as the deep blue green, etc etc. She also has the most recent edition of fake Emerald Green listed. I contacted this seller before and she doesnt care - she gave me the same shit "I buy from MAC" rubbish that they all say. she also sold some of the earlier fakes as well, (rose, aire-de-blue, dark soul etc) she has been selling fake pigments for a while now - there is an old thread here somewhere regarding this seller
winks.gif

ExquisiteImages

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
nope, this one is fake and is from the same group of fakes as the deep blue green, etc etc. She also has the most recent edition of fake Emerald Green listed. I contacted this seller before and she doesnt care - she gave me the same shit "I buy from MAC" rubbish that they all say. she also sold some of the earlier fakes as well, (rose, aire-de-blue, dark soul etc) she has been selling fake pigments for a while now - there is an old thread here somewhere regarding this seller
winks.gif

I know the Basic Red pigment was fake. I was just saying that it appears so pink in the picture because of the flash, but in real life, it's almost the same as the real Basic Red pigment. The only difference is the color payoff when it's swatched making it fake like the deep blue green pigment mentioned in the other thread.

panda0410

Quote:
I know the Basic Red pigment was fake. I was just saying that it appears so pink in the picture because of the flash, but in real life, it's almost the same as the real Basic Red pigment. The only difference is the color payoff when it's swatched making it fake like the deep blue green pigment mentioned in the other thread.

LOL - my mistake!! I misinterpreted what you trying to say
cry.gif
Too true about the swatching - I think that will soon be the ONLY way to pick a fake, and honestly I am too scared to buy from ebay anymore - I just bought two retail piggies from MAC - $78AU plus postage, I'm not used to that....
shockt.gif

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
bleh, look at this crap - horrible fake matte pigment....

divineattic has the worst fake rose gold I have ever seen!

Disgusting.

Basic Red's texture is not like that. It's just wrong. The texture should NEVER clump up like that. GROSS-AH!

As for divineattic's Rose Gold, it looks more like Melon + Golden Lemon together. :/

ExquisiteImages

Quote:
LOL - my mistake!! I misinterpreted what you trying to say
cry.gif
Too true about the swatching - I think that will soon be the ONLY way to pick a fake, and honestly I am too scared to buy from ebay anymore - I just bought two retail piggies from MAC - $78AU plus postage, I'm not used to that....
shockt.gif

WOW! I just did the currency converter and $78AU is 72.7376 USD! That's over $30 USD a pigment compared to US price for a pigment, which is only $19.50 USD.
shockt.gif
shockt.gif
shockt.gif

panda0410

Quote:
WOW! I just did the currency converter and $78AU is 72.7376 USD! That's over $30 USD a pigment compared to US price for a pigment, which is only $19.50 USD.
shockt.gif
shockt.gif
shockt.gif

I know, thats ouchy even for here, lippies are $35AU and my two loves are piggies and lippes... not so good for me or my bank account...LOL!

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
shockt.gif
shockt.gif
shockt.gif

Now you know why we're dying to buy from the US, scouring through eBay (NOT anymore!) and Specktra for better deals..
winks.gif

rockin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
Now you know why we're dying to buy from the US, scouring through eBay (NOT anymore!) and Specktra for better deals..
winks.gif

Yep, same here. It's £15.00 for a pigment and £11.00 for a lipstick on MAC's UK website, plus £4.00 P&P I believe. I don't know if that's the same as store prices because there are no MAC stores anywhere near where I live.

wolfsong

Website and store prices should be the same.

Yeah, its not good for a MACaholic to live outside of the USA! And they get CCO's
angry.gif