FAKE Deep Purple Pigment (Updated as of 14 March 08) - ***Pic Analysis***

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by laguayaca
did you get this pigment from makeup.com? thanks

No, hun. Got this from a real honest seller with excellent business ethics: julie150463. She bought a whole bunch of "MAC" from a "wholesaler" with liquidation lists and they all turn out to be most updated recent fakes. She found out the truth about fake MAC, joined Specktra, learned all about it and have been helpful with sending pigments/glitters and eyeshadows for the analysis.
yes.gif

teaberry

oh nOOOoo i just went n checked some of my pigment vials and i have 3 out of 11 that are FAKE
ssad.gif
ssad.gif
ssad.gif
ssad.gif
ssad.gif

thankyou for this!! ohh i feel like such a fool.

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaberry
oh nOOOoo i just went n checked some of my pigment vials and i have 3 out of 11 that are FAKE
ssad.gif
ssad.gif
ssad.gif
ssad.gif
ssad.gif

thankyou for this!! ohh i feel like such a fool.

Pigment vials (2.5g) are the smaller version of the original full size pigments (Some Mattes are 2.5g and the rest are 7.5g). I haven't seen fake pigment vials yet.

pinkvanilla

Just came across this post, and you have done such a great job on the comparisons
thmbup.gif
The fakes looks so good, just minor detail that can easily be disregarded! Anyway, thanks for posting this!

retail_therapy

Wow, the difference is really in the details, it is hard to tell. But once you swatched the product, the difference is much obvious. Thanks for sharing.

slepre

oh wow the fakes are getting good i always though of well if they have the name and barcode sticker there real and if they have the flat inner lid then there real for sure

i guess not

Xqueeze_me

Just bumping this up since its moving downwards...

Maybe I should copy and paste all these info to the sticky thread...?

coquetayloca

I have been nervous about buying mac on ebay... I dont think I can do it after seeing this. There is no way I could tell the difference.

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
No, hun. Got this from a real honest seller with excellent business ethics: julie150463. She bought a whole bunch of "MAC" from a "wholesaler" with liquidation lists and they all turn out to be most updated recent fakes. She found out the truth about fake MAC, joined Specktra, learned all about it and have been helpful with sending pigments/glitters and eyeshadows for the analysis.
yes.gif

All i can say is that Im very happy that this website exists and continues to help people
yes.gif

Also i would like to say big thank you to all these lovely,helpful,knowledgeable peeps on here who have ensured that I will never buy another fake MAC of eBay
th_worship.gif
Apologies but there's too many names to mention
smiles.gif

Your knowledge has been spread to my sisters and other female relatives,workmates etc....wohooooo
Fank you very much
smiles.gif

GlitterLids

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaItalia1969
All i can say is that Im very happy that this website exists and continue to help people
yes.gif

Also i would like to say big thank you to all these lovely peeps on here who have ensured that I will never buy another fake MAC of eBay
th_worship.gif

Your knowledge has been spread to my sisters and other female relatives,workmates etc....wohooooo

DITTO!!!!!!!!!!! No more fakes for me!!!!!!!!!
th_DANCE.gif

Twinkelstar

Thanks for the post.. Nowadays you really need magnifying glasses to find out wether or not you've purchased an authentic item..

tofuglory1

Thanks for the info. I recently got a Blonde's gold that looked scarily real..except for the weight it said ,26 with a comma, which was a giveaway. Everything else was pretty much perfect; scary what people can do these days :/

Brittany88

Thanks for posting this! I'm fairly new to MAC, and while I can pretty easily spot fake eyeshadows, the pigment jars seem to be pretty good replicas to the untrained eye. This is definitely helpful.
smiles.gif