Fake Fibre Rich Lash Mascara?

zestcosmet

Hi. I think I know the answer to this already but I purchased some Mac Fibre Rich Lash Mascara from a seller on ebay. The item location stated London but when they arrived they had been sent from China. Also the UPC barcode on the side of the box is printed onto the box and is not a sticker. Is this a cut and dry fake? When I e-mailed the seller they said they were "old stock".

Thanks for any help.

darkishstar

It sounds fake. MAC barcodes are not printed on, they're always placed on by sticker. And if it's from China... I personally wouldn't trust it.

Can you put up some pictures?

wolfsong

It has the name of a real product, but i think the authenticity ends there im afraid. If they use phrases such as 'warehouse', 'factory second' or 'bulk bought' then its fake - MAC doesnt sell this way to the public, nor do they offer a discount/warehouse price to anyone (with exception of employees and certain media folk being given discounts/gratis). Printed bar code as correctly mentioned by darkishstar = fake, as is the fact its been delivered from China (about 99% of MAC on ebay from Asia is counterfeit, also around 90% from Australia).