FAKE GLITTERS - Grey and Jewelmarine

Thanks for the pics, just tested mine and it looks just like your genuine one. For once I didn't get conned!!!
th_DANCE.gif

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
Panda, where are the fakes from?

The Grey is one of the numerous fakes floating around ebay. The owner of the Grey is a seller trying to do the right thing and unfortunately bought more than she will probably care to remember in bulk from another ebay seller.... trying to get her $$ back. Not sure where the Jewelmarine came from - the same seller sent this to me with the Grey for comparison, again one of the numerous Jewelmarine glitters found on ebay atm and again she bought many from an ebay seller
ssad.gif

chrispl

I will go check mine to these..I have grey & jewelmarine..geepers this just gets better & better
ssad.gif

erinmosh

i just checked my jewelmarine by swatching, and it looks like the genuine one. do glitters have the batch number on the bottom label? mine does not. it is just clear with black writing (like a mac pro pigment) saying the name.

julie150463

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinmosh
i just checked my jewelmarine by swatching, and it looks like the genuine one. do glitters have the batch number on the bottom label? mine does not. it is just clear with black writing (like a mac pro pigment) saying the name.

Yup same as mine
thmbup.gif
Think you're ok
yes.gif

Hmm, I'm thinking the Jeweled Marine I bought a little while back off Ebay is a phony bologna
ssad.gif
Same with Deep Blue Green. I can't believe Ebay isn't doing anything about all this counterfeit MAC being sold. It's a shame. It's better to pay the extra money and get it at a MAC store. Atleast you know the products you are paying for a real and not fake. Lesson learned.

Mania59

So I started going through my glitters and I think I spotted a couple of fakes.
th_dunno.gif

I'm really having a hard time identifying what is real and what isn't. I'm trying to compare them (the ones I bought off other sellers) to the ones I bought from the MAC counter and I'm so lost...

1165Cheryl

I've heard about a lot of fake grey glitters, some of my buyers have been buying samples to compare to the ones they got. The pictures they have sent are crazy, the glitters are awful and for sure fakes.

Someone mentioned fake deep blue green, yep stay away from that color, many fakes of it on ebay
ssad.gif
I've also been seeing sample sellers again on ebay, has anyone else notice that?

Heres one and the seller doesnt give the name of the glitter...bad feedback but there are 2 people bidding on it. They have quite a few listing of different colors.
Glitter pigments eyeshadow full size new MACS - eBay (item 180416079946 end time Oct-10-09 08:39:30 PDT)

Heres another one with a "lot" of glitters, look at the names...
MAC GLITTER - Lot of 13 - FULL SIZE 7.5g / 0.26 oz. - eBay (item 250507343380 end time Oct-11-09 12:32:08 PDT)

First fake pigments, then eyeshadow, glitters, lip products,ect I originally thought they would all get busted and the fakes would stop. Now 1-2 years later it's a huge business and besides reporting them to Ebay, what can people do??

BellaItalia1969

Panda, the link is not working
th_confused_new.gif
i have the Jewelmarine,but bought like ages ago ,so hopefully mine is ok but im crap at taking piccys and posting then ere ,last time i tried it kept coming with a message that file was corrupted and dimensions were too big!!WTH im good with cooking spaghetti meatballs but techy stuff is beyond me
shockt.gif