Fake MAC and Amazon ---an appeal to those of you who report fake listings

First of all, if you take the time to report fakes on Ebay or Amazon either one, thank you. Every time that someone gets burned in a transaction, it makes it harder for people to sell legitimate products.
smiles.gif

I sell on Amazon, and at my own store, but this post isn't about those things. It is about listings for fake MAC on Amazon. I moved away from the ebay environment to take advantage of Amazon's reputation with consumers. So far that has been a good move for me, and good for my customers.

This post is also not about people who are my true competitors. The internet is a pretty big place, and if a consumer finds a seller they'd rather purchase from for whatever reason, I am fine with that, it is just a fact of life.

Fake MAC is starting to pop up more frequently on Amazon than it has in the past. The people who sell it are not my competitors, the people who sell it do direct harm to me and every single person that sells on Amazon, no matter the product that they sell. They damage the Amazon reputation. And I pay enough each month through assorted fees that I have a vested interested in keeping the Amazon experience a trusted one for shoppers.

So I'd just like to urge any of you that see fake MAC listings to report them to Amazon. The contact form to use is here:

Contact

You can just give the seller's name and the ASIN, along with the reasons you believe the product to be counterfeit. You can locate the product's ASIN by looking under the 'Product Details' section. It will look like this:

ASIN: B001TZEN6M

Thanks for listening!
smiles.gif

Thistle702

Hi! You know, it's SO hard to tell now days. I purchased some things the other day off eBay. It's from the Style Warrior and Naked Honey Collection. I paid fair price for them (not dirt cheap), but I wonder if those lines have been counterfeited yet. Do you know? Do barcodes look different depending on where they have been purchased? I'm afraid to ask if they're authentic b/c I don't want to insult the seller. Any advice??? Thanks so much! Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistle702
Hi! You know, it's SO hard to tell now days. I purchased some things the other day off eBay. It's from the Style Warrior and Naked Honey Collection. I paid fair price for them (not dirt cheap), but I wonder if those lines have been counterfeited yet. Do you know? Do barcodes look different depending on where they have been purchased? I'm afraid to ask if they're authentic b/c I don't want to insult the seller. Any advice??? Thanks so much! Lisa

This forum is a treasure-trove of MAC information. I'm sure that if you posted pics of what you had purchased and voiced your concerns that someone would be able to give you some advice.
smiles.gif

elle25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistle702

The packaging on the Naked Honey collection has been changed. I bought a couple of items from a seller on here and I was worried they were fake but some of the girls on here were very helpful. The barcode and name of the item were printed on the boxes in NH. I'm not sure about SW. I would think its too early to get fakes good enough to fool. I've seen some early fakes but the packaging is horrible and its very easy to tell the difference. If you think you've got fakes post some pictures on here. There are lots of mac experts on here obviously
tong.gif

macluvermre

^^ agreed. There is another relevant thread regarding this very issue somewhere, as there actually has been fake SW on ebay already. The LTL items came with the regular stickers and then Makeup Art was back to pre-printed codes. Hopefully, it's because of all the fakes, but they are definitely authentic, mine are like that and I got them at Nordstrom. I think the new pre-printed pkging is pretty random right now..