Fake mac eyeshadows&pigments-ebay trying to get a refund help?!!

im having a complete nightmare, hoping and praying someone could advise me, i bought a load of fakes eyeshadows and pigments on ebay (cant believe im such an idiot-dunno what i was thinking) anyway cutting v.long story short, opened 2 disputes to get a refund, now i need evidence to prove they are fake, paypal have given me 10 days to get a letter from an authorised mac dealer to confirm these are fake otherwise they will close both cases, i emailed mac online explaining but if they cant help me looks like im shit creek!! anyone else had this problem, can anyone advise me on what to do?. im also very new to specktra so all in all im a mess!!!
th_dunno.gif

panda0410

unfortunately paypal is getting less helpful with claims for mac items. send a sample of your items to mac direct for comparison and tell paypal you need more time for authentication because of this process. in the meantime tell paypal WHY you believe the items to be fake and use comparisons where you can. if you are able please post some pics of the e/s and piggies in question - we may be able to help you.

ExquisiteImages

Go straight to your local MAC counter to get a written letter from the manager and explain to the manager on what happened. That's the fastest and quickest way IMHO since PayPal will only give you 10 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExquisiteImages
Go straight to your local MAC counter to get a written letter from the manager and explain to the manager on what happened. That's the fastest and quickest way IMHO since PayPal will only give you 10 days.

yep, i reckon thats gonna be my best bet, just fingers crossed they are gonna be helpful, im gonna have to plead with them and hope for the best, cant bear the thought of being mugged off by this seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
unfortunately paypal is getting less helpful with claims for mac items. send a sample of your items to mac direct for comparison and tell paypal you need more time for authentication because of this process. in the meantime tell paypal WHY you believe the items to be fake and use comparisons where you can. if you are able please post some pics of the e/s and piggies in question - we may be able to help you.

yeh paypal are just so crap nuff said! just no understanding they dont have a clue, im gonna contact them and ask for an extension if i get no luck fro going to my store
thmbup.gif
thanks for your advice

panda0410

ah hunny, those are definitely fakes. you shouldnt have too much trouble confirming this. hope you get your $$ back!!

artificial

Paypal was really good with my dispute against a fraudulent seller. As long as you maintain communication [ie. sending an email stating that you require X number of days to complete an authentication], they'll work with you.

I got my money back, so good luck!!

julie150463

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautylove01
im having a complete nightmare, hoping and praying someone could advise me, i bought a load of fakes eyeshadows and pigments on ebay (cant believe im such an idiot-dunno what i was thinking) anyway cutting v.long story short, opened 2 disputes to get a refund, now i need evidence to prove they are fake, paypal have given me 10 days to get a letter from an authorised mac dealer to confirm these are fake otherwise they will close both cases, i emailed mac online explaining but if they cant help me looks like im shit creek!! anyone else had this problem, can anyone advise me on what to do?. im also very new to specktra so all in all im a mess!!!
th_dunno.gif

Hiya
thmbup.gif

So glad you came and posted!
The girls have given you good advice - they are experts and have helped me no end!
Hope you get yourself sorted
yes.gif

Julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by julie150463
Hiya
thmbup.gif

So glad you came and posted!
The girls have given you good advice - they are experts and have helped me no end!
Hope you get yourself sorted
yes.gif

Julie

yep really good advice im on the case! thanks julie for your help i wouldnt of known what to do for the best if you hadnt of helped me!
thmbup.gif

julie150463

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautylove01
yep really good advice im on the case! thanks julie for your help i wouldnt of known what to do for the best if you hadnt of helped me!
thmbup.gif

No problem - I had to be directed here by a member when I was having my troubles and I must say it was the best thing I could've ever done!

Good luck with paypal!