Fake MAC from Thailand

MAC_Whore

Is it just me or is there a proliferation of knock-off MAC from Thailand on ebay lately? I just reported 8 or so.

They are all in lots, sellers with 0-8 transactions, and no shadow names. I can tell just by looking at the pots they are fake, but for those who aren't an addict like me, I feel for them.

wolfsong

(In reference to UK and USA ebay site only: ) Around 99% of MAC items on ebay located in Asia are counterfeit - i wouldnt say im even exaggerating on that at all. The only place that ive seen authentic items is from Singapore - and these are almost always recent LE items. I think the Asian region has so much fake stock is due to most of the counterfeit MAC is being made in these regions (due to lack of regulations, cheap labour and resources etc). Ive heard countless times from people having the 'one off' MAC lot or items, that they have purchased them in shopping centres/malls (from stalls) in Thailand etc. They believe that it is genuine MAC because they bought it from 'MAC' (read: the stall probably had a MAC sign somewhere on it), and they had a receipt (most places give out receipts...)
Ive also heard of a big store in USA selling obvious counterfeit MAC pigments from a member on here (i cant remember where on this section of the forum, but they posted photos) whilst telling the buyer they are authentic. Its sad that you cant even trust a big store to sell genuine stock.

Also around 90% of Australian MAC items on UK and USA ebay sites are counterfeit. Ireland for UK ebay is another red flag - ive seen a few counterfeit sellers claim to be from Ireland, but actually come from Thailand or China. A couple of genuine (in reference to location) Irish sellers have been noted as selling fake pigments and eyeshadows as well.