Fake MAC pigments or not?

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakurasamaLover
With those pics I agree with you guys.

But isn't the Rushmetal batch just impossible ? The shape of the numbers looks fishy to me too...

* I'll delete this post in a day or 2.. too much info.

That batch number actually DOES exist - I bought all 7 pigments direct from Rushmetal collection and my Rushmetal pigment had that same batch number.

I have to say I'd agree that the Rushmetal and Tan are also fake - but not for the more obvious reasons. I'd like to see them in hand, then I'd know for sure, some of these fakes are so bloody good - remember the Deep Blue Green fiasco??

RedRibbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
WTF2.gif
Selfrdiges shouldnt be removing ANY inserts - that implies the pigment has been tampered with and if retail are outlets are physically doing it then you shouldnt be paying full retail price - I know I wouldnt!!!

Indeed
yes.gif

Yep
yes.gif

greengrin.gif
I think we need better pics, I agree that I think more than one of them are fake.

Thank you so much for this advice, you lovely person!
th_hug.gif
My friend telephoned MAC yesterday morning and told them about being sold the pigments without the insert and MAC sent her the exact same pigments and two brand new ones out free of charge and she got to keep her current ones. Her new ones arrived this morning! That's good customer service and my friend is over the moon so thank you so much
th_kiss.gif

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
That batch number actually DOES exist - I bought all 7 pigments direct from Rushmetal collection and my Rushmetal pigment had that same batch number.

I have to say I'd agree that the Rushmetal and Tan are also fake - but not for the more obvious reasons. I'd like to see them in hand, then I'd know for sure, some of these fakes are so bloody good - remember the Deep Blue Green fiasco??

Thank you for saying that because I was sitting here thinking...Exactly why wouldn't it exist i have seen those batch numbers before and i was sure I saw them my legit ones...But I have since sold them so I couldn't go look