Fake Mac?

Ithica

Hi guys
I knew when I ordered this that there may be a chance this would be fake but i went ahead as it didn't cost too much so i could see for myself -silly?

Boxes
Look seemingly the same - but instead of the small label with the name theres a number. And on the back of the shadows instead of the name it says Prismique - Instead of looking dull like the usual mac stickers on the back its a shiny label.

The pots.
Some of the pots are fairly large (about normal size) some are slightly smaller. The rim around the pan is shiny on some of these instead of matte.

Where on a normal pot the shadow appeare lower in the pot (where the pan sinks in) the plastic goes up around the shadow.

I wasn't sure if any of these things could be just the way mac is produced in other countries? These came from Japan :/ Either way I still don't think something's right! I will be contacting ebay about the seller.

HOTasFCUK

Post pics or post this in the counterfeit thread! Somebody will give you really great expert advice!! Hope you get everything worked out!

Ithica

Yes I brought 18, however I only got 17 in the post. They DO all say 'prismique' on them. I was hoping on the off chance that they were just older model pots or maybe proper mac BUT with slightly damaged unsellable pots OR just the way they may have been sold abroad.I DID do this knowing that they may be fake.After seeing a post on the NARS fake blushes i wanted to buy these and maybe underline what people are selling as fake mac for others to see.Having alot of mac eyeshadows and products (brought instore or online directly) I however don't think this is the case at all now.

redambition

There was a spate of fake e/s that had a number for the colour on the box and "prismique" as a colour name, but for many different colours.

Thread link here

It appears that the "Prismique collection" counterfeits also had the flip-top e/s pan with a mirror and applicator underneath, if yours have the same it's a definite sign!