Fake Pigment Help

ln_marie_d

I am needing some help confirming wether or not I should be worried this is a fake. I have taken side by side comparison photo's with a pigment I know for sure is legit. The one I am worried about is the Golder's Green. After taking the photo's I compared it with another jar of Golder's Green and they are most definately different on intital appearance. The pigment inside the jar does look very similar.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...d/P1040148.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...d/P1040146.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...d/P1040145.jpg

Tinkerbell9245

It looks much lighter then the golders green I have, but I know that isn't a factor in determining fakes. The writing almost looks to wide and bold to me, but I'm no expert with identifying fakes. Also there's something that doesn't seem right about the label, with the number being above the color and even being cut off.

You should wait until someone with more expertise can help you though probably
smiles.gif

M.A.C.tastic

I agree with Tinkerbell. Writing it wayyy to bold, font looks larger on back and a slightly diff. font. as well as the number on the bottom. I have NEVER seen that on any mac products I own.

knoxydoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell9245
It looks much lighter then the golders green I have, but I know that isn't a factor in determining fakes. The writing almost looks to wide and bold to me, but I'm no expert with identifying fakes. Also there's something that doesn't seem right about the label, with the number being above the color and even being cut off.

You should wait until someone with more expertise can help you though probably
smiles.gif

The number on all of my pigments are above the name, and all of mine are from a store so I know they're real. Not that that is proof that hers are real. i do find it kind of shifty that the batch code/number is cut off... but the font is really similar to my frozen white one.

caffn8me

If you bought this on eBay, who was the seller?

My genuine pro-store purchased Teal has a label underneath which has the batch code embossed and above the name so that's OK.

On a genuine jar, you should see the number 3050 embossed on the inside of the base - it should be visible from outside although it will of course be reversed. It may well be hidden beneath where the label is on the Golder's Green. The plastic lid insert has 3051 embossed on it.

These embossed numbers don't (yet) appear on fakes.

At the moment, I'm inclined to think this one is genuine as it doesn't show any of the typesetting errors found on counterfeits and the jar doesn't show some of the problems which were certainly present on counterfeits I've already seen

ln_marie_d

another quick question, I have just recieved samples of aire-de-blu & pastorale and they have a really fine chalky texture. Is this normal? all the other pigments I have are very different in texture, these look very much like just normal mica pigments you get from etailers

IcesUltraGlam7

Just matching them up to the others means your suspician is correct.MAC's Pigments have a thicker consistancy and they are very hard to dupe.The closest Pigments i've found that look exactly like MAC is LOreal's HIP line.I own different pigments myself such as True Colors, BE's, HIPs and checked out others.The closest to dupe eachother is MAC and LOreal. MAC's Copper Sparkle and L'Oreals Tenacious go on and look exactly alike.Also MAC's "Dazzleray" to L'Oreal's "Restless"Dazzleray is more microfined. I'm note-ing this for anyone curious I have hundreds of pigments.
Like All MAC's consistant thicker texture aire de blue pastorale are like the others I have purchased pigments from the Pro-Store and only used 2 Ebay sellers.My DH ordered PIgments for me once and he got fakes from a seller and on the feedback I was shocked to see that one woman out of 50 agreed with me that his pigments were fake when My husband showed me this guys account.It means he faked many woman out there.So if you havnt had experience with pigment yet and hear about it.Buy from the MAC shop first.
Getting back to the topic and by what you say if theres anything fine about it chances are you got a fake.
Sorry for going off topic I'm New hopefully this helped out and didn't annoy anyone.

Kattl

I have similar problems right here...
One of my pigments - supposed to be the original copperclast - has the A76 code printed at the backside of the box (next to the recycling sign, black on black) instead of being above the barcode at the box' bottom.
This code is embossed instead of printed at the patch at the bottom of the jar.

But beside that, every (!) single point from the sticky tells me, that this is an original.

Could that be a fake?