Fake pigments?

myssiekat

Hi, I'm new to mac, Ive recently purchased 4 full sized jars from eBay(all different sellers), and now am worried that some(if not all) may be counterfeit.... its really hard for me to tell not knowing mac, i've taken some pictures(i hope they are clear enough, can take more if needed) of the 4 in question hoping that someone can tell me if they are authentic or not....
Thanks in advance!

panda0410

Ditto MACATTACK!! These all look fine to me
smiles.gif

If you are worried you should read the sticky thread in this forum on how to spot fake pigments - there is an excellent guide and pictures to guide you on what to look for in a fake.

Look, MOST ebay sellers are honest people - I have bought bucketloads of full sized pigments from ebay and never got a fake (I only got fake samples), its just the few that are not that make the experiences bad for some. If you want some names for reputable sellers of authentic pigments just PM me, HTH if I can
smiles.gif

me_jelly

You are very lucky and have nothing to worry about this time around - they all look like genuine MAC pigments =)

But like mentioned before, do take some time to look at the wonderful guide in the sticky about identifying MAC pigments

myssiekat

Well, i did read many many pages and looked at the guides, some of the print looked slightly bolder, and i wasnt sure if it was my just being over cautious or if they were fake... ehe I had actually just bought a lot of "mac pigment and glitter" samples from a seller in Canada... i knew something was wrong when i saw how powdery they were, and got some authentic ones to compare, definately fakes... looking through the sellers feedback i noticed she 1 week before starting to sell her 'mac pigments' bought a lot of 24 Nyx loose pearl eye shadows... oddly enough, in some of the same colors i got from her, she also bought "mac like" glitters just before too(one or two of the pigments might be authentic, but the rest are definately not)... I wrote to her and said that i thought they were fake, and that they looked very similar to the nyx she bought just before, and again, oddly enough(within 5 mins of me sending the email), Set her feedback to private. I pretty much knew i got burned, opened a dispute with paypal and tried to write her several more times asking for a refund. I finally got a response that i had a creepy attitude(how im not sure, i just wanted my money back), and she called me a freak, then went on to say she was "an 18 year old girl and i cant do anything cause shes not legal in her providence" ... Real nice huh? Not sure if i will get my money back, or if there really is anything i can do, but next time i will be more careful..

anyway, that really got me freaked out thinking maybe i bought some fake full sized, i guess the variations are a bit more noticable, but forgive me! im a virgin! i had no comparison really ehe
Thanks so much for the help though, Greatly appreciated!