FAKE White Pigment *PICS*

panda0410

I have been kindly sent some fake white pigment for comparison
winks.gif
Here it is, the differences in the texture and overall appearance of the pigment are obvious.
The scary thing is that the swatches are very difficult to tell apart - still working on the swatch pics, but here are the other pics in the meantime!

I dont know how to make the clicky thumbnails
blink.gif
thanks BeautyPsycho, now they work!
winks.gif

*UPDATED SWATCHES*

*UPDATED COMPARISON JARS*

BeautyPsycho

Wow... That's just... no words...

(If you use photobucket, click/mark the pic- click one the "generate HTML..." at the bottom of the page, and its going to list few codes, copy one that says "clickable thumbnails for forums...)

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautyPsycho
Wow... That's just... no words...

(If you use photobucket, click/mark the pic- click one the "generate HTML..." at the bottom of the page, and its going to list few codes, copy one that says "clickable thumbnails for forums...)

LOL, thank-you!! I have been muddling about with these bloody things, all I had to do was ask
winkiss.gif

rockin

Wow, there's a huge difference in the appearance of the genuine and fake pigments, isn't there?!!

The genuine White looks to be more the consistency of the 'Off The Radar' that I have, which was also packed to the top so that the indent of the plastic inner lid was evident.

panda0410

You're right rockin, the real one is more like Off The Radar
winks.gif
The fake one is a lot like Frost or Frozen White, its chunky & flaky, not smooth. It also has glitter, the real white doesnt have glitter, its more pearl.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
wow, the fake one looks like a glittery mess, yuck!

yup.... it sure is!

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin
It will be interesting to see the swatches, when you've managed to photograph them.

They're coming
winks.gif
I was suprised actually, the pigments are nothing alike, yet they swatch very closely, too closely IMHO.....

wolfsong

Thanks for this, I dont see how these sellers can think they are real if they have ever seen the authentic White pigment - they look so different!
More ammo for those that are still proclaiming they have real stock though
smiles.gif

However its nice to hear some sellers being responsible and honest about this issue, and kudos to those that come on here to post - that takes a lot of courage.

Is there any way that we can have a sticky thread with all these photos and info in (if thats not too much trouble)? It would be a shame if your hard work was lost in the next page in a month or so.

panda0410

Xqueeze_me and I have already both asked the mods for a NO CHATTER only thread JUST for pics, I never got an answer.....

julie150463

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsong
However its nice to hear some sellers being responsible and honest about this issue, and kudos to those that come on here to post - that takes a lot of courage.

I need all the help I can get! Was scared I was going to get lynched in the beginning but now if I can help - I will. I'm like an open book - if I'd've had anything to hide I'd've used a different alias. Am glad you ladies have taken me under your wings
yes.gif

wolfsong

Your involvement and help with this section is very much welcomed and appreciated! You've gone far beyond what would be considered the right thing for a seller to do in your situation
smiles.gif

Its horrible that you were conned by these criminals, and i hope you - and other wronged honest sellers - get justice; if just in greatly reducing these 'wholesalers' profits (which given that a few of the main ebay sellers are taking stock of this counterfeit problem and there is now photographic evidence on the internet, it looks like it may happen).

panda0410

updated swatches!!! you can see the colour is somewhat cloudier and duller, but to an untrained eye this would be quite close!

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin
Did you forget something, Panda? LOL

yikes!! did i forget something hunny?
blink.gif

you should have something coming your way soon - keep an eye out - if your postie is anything like mine you might feel like this
getyou.gif
LOL!!!

julie150463

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
yikes!! did i forget something hunny?
blink.gif

you should have something coming your way soon - keep an eye out - if your postie is anything like mine you might feel like this
getyou.gif
LOL!!!

The swatches perhaps??

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by julie150463
The swatches perhaps??

LOL - they are in my original first post
winks.gif
I added them to the bottom of it!

julie150463

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
LOL - they are in my original first post
winks.gif
I added them to the bottom of it!

So they are - oops. Ignore me - I'm stressed!