Fakes from a CCO???

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitterLids
Hi. I own over 60 authentic (purchased by ME from mac or Macpro.com directly) mac pigments I've colelcted over the last few years and you can' go by the jar print--some are centered, some not, some font is thicker. These things are not telltale saigns of fakes, although some fakes will have "off" printing and aligment when compared to real. Using these criteria to officially determine fakes is difficult. My bet would be that if the items were purchased at a CCO, you are fine. I also just went through an exhaustive experience where I realized I had gotten stuck with a bunch of clever fakes from ebay, so I speak only after hours and hours of research and the great help I found from the knowledgeable ladies here.

The new fakes are getting amazingly good. It takes a well honed eye and often, comparison enxt to the real thing to know for sure. That is why i buy only from the dept. store/mac or from a few select ebayers who buy their pigments from CCOs or Mac and can prove it. it is important to note that i buy on ebay only for pro or rare colors I can't get my paws on locally. IPay top dollar--another sign. Any cheap pigments are 99.99999% fake. $14.99? No way. At best you can pick one up for maybe $20-$25 IF the seller has a pro card, got it for $14 and can sell and make a decent profit. Anyone selling for less that $20 very likely has garbage from the infamous "wholesalers."

I have to say--now, when I peruse ebay, I can spot these fakes and it makes me insane.

Actually in some cases you CAN! Like I said the alignment IS RELATIVE TO BATCH DATE... so if you got a centrally aligned jar that was batch dated post 2007 through to current then I would be VERY concerned about its authenticity.....

GlitterLids

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
Actually in some cases you CAN! Like I said the alignment IS RELATIVE TO BATCH DATE... so if you got a centrally aligned jar that was batch dated post 2007 through to current then I would be VERY concerned about its authenticity.....

Thanks, Panda! the batch date-aligment correlation escaped me. You really have to know what you're doing with pigemnts on ebay!

wifey806

MissReesha, Tish! You guys are advisors now?! That's awesome!! I've been outta the loop for a bit (just finished midterms).

well as we can tell in this post alone, you ladies continue to kick A-S-$ as always!
smiles.gif
<3 <3 <3

1165Cheryl

I just checked a small order I got in and the metal type pigments jars are the only ones were the text alignment is different then the rest and these are 2007 golds. The others are LE's 2008, regular 2008, Pro 2007 & matte 2008. This is a small group though and can check all my other 100 plus jars, lol. I like checking different types of pigments cause in the past when I do my comparions I see differances depending on the type of pigment. Usually I have a larger group with a wider year range of products.

Jade1012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitterLids
it is important to note that i buy on ebay only for pro or rare colors I can't get my paws on locally.

another easy way ( and much safer than Enay) to get PRO colors from the pro stores themselves. I usually call MAC PRO NY and Mac PRO in S.F. and they UPS my order to me. I stopped buying MAC and MAC PRO piggies from ebay, altogether... just not worth the headache.