Fall 2008 line

Kuuipo

This August, be prepared for the no-name Fall 2008 Nars Collection to knock your socks off. This eight-product, 10-color line was inspired by the clothing on the runways at the Fall 2008 fashion shows. The shades are bold neutrals that contain warm, earth-tone metallics for the eyes, and dusty roses for the lips and cheeks. My favorite of the bunch is the Dolce Vita powder blush — it has just the right amount of pinky-red punch to add a natural looking flush to the apples of your cheeks.

For pricing information and to read a description of each of the products, read more.
  • EYES

• Powder Eye Shadow Duo in Isolde ($32) contains a metallic golden ginger on the left side and a frosted coppers on the other.
  • Powder Eye Shadow Duo in Cordura ($32) contains a bronze, chocolate brown on the left side, and a golden dark brown shimmer shadow on the right side.
  • Powder Eye Shadow in Fez ($22) is a a velvety milk cocoa color.

• LIPS

• Lipstick in Señorita ($24) is a sheer, shimmery pale golden reddish-pink.
  • Lipstick in Beautiful Liar ($24) is a sheer, spicy coral color
  • Lip Lacquer in Female Trouble ($24) is a medium-hued lilac mauve.

• CHEEKS

• Powder Blush in Dolce Vita ($25) is a bright, apple-rose shade.

• NAILS

• Nail Lacquer in Rebel Yell ($16) is a shade of dusty brownish pomegranate.
Read Related: fall 2008makeupNars
bellasugar:Nars 2008 Fall Collection | fall 2008, makeup, Nars | BellaSugar - Beauty, Hair, & Skin.Buzz up!  on Yahoo!

Kuuipo

Fashion Week: BBJ Backstage at Tibi

I hope you're ready to Make Your Own Kind of Music, you Dancing Queen. For Fall 2008, the 70s are back. NARS makeup artist Ayako (above, left) told me the look for Tibi's Fall 2008 line was heavily 70s influenced, much like the look at Miss Sixty. Said Ayako, "When the girls arrived fresh-faced and rosy from the cold this morning, I kept them that way." On many of the models, she chose to skip foundation, using only NARS Powder Foundation when necessary. She applied NARS Blush in Dolce Vita, a matte formula in a dusty rose due to hit shelves for Fall 2008. False lashes weren't used, instead, Ayako used copious amounts of mascara to create a dramatic tarantula eye. Lids were primed with a matte porcelain creme eyeshadow. Lips were filled in with NARS Velvet Matte Pencil in Belle du Jour, a nudeish flesh-toned hue. Ayako then glossed them up with NARS Lip Gloss in Female Trouble, a delightful pinky-beige, also due to hit shelves for Fall 2008.

Nails were polished with Creative Nail Design polish in Serenity, a sheer, glossy nude.

babyso

The blush is gorgeous, but I passed on the two eyeshadow duos, both have too much glitter (not just shimmer) for me, the glitter is very similar to the glitter in the Galapogos single IMO.

DirtyPlum

I bought Isolde duo today. The golds are stunning... I bought the last one, MA said its sold like crazy.

(I also bought Riveria multiple, Sex Machine l/s, Strada single and Mediteranee duo - oh boy, let the obsession begin)

Temptasia

Geez, the makeup counters finally got the testers in, but are still waiting for the stock.

I am definitely getting the duos, dolce vita blush, female trouble gloss, and beautiful liar lipstick!

oh man...fez was gorgeous as well...is that almost the whole collection I am getting?

I need to wait for GWP time.

Kuuipo

Isolde, Cordora and Fez are anything but boring! They are all very rich goldy browns and coppers. They are my total favourites now.
thmbup.gif

Ladyvirtuous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuuipo
Isolde, Cordora and Fez are anything but boring! They are all very rich goldy browns and coppers. They are my total favourites now.
thmbup.gif

I agree!!! I actually like them better than MAC's browns and coppers.

Latest posts