False eyelashes for fairly natural look: full, half, individual?

MiaGirl

I'm thinking of using false lashes for my DIY wedding makeup, as mine are just not long or thick enough to really stand out. However, I don't want it to be obvious that I'm wearing falsies. I was thinking of just using individual lashes to boost the outer corners, but I've never used them before. Is it very difficult to get individual lashes looking right?

I'd like to get them as cheap as possible, but willing to spend more if it makes all the difference. Am in Australia too so not sure what is and isn't available here (have seen a lot of Ardell individuals on eBay though).

Kisbee

I bought individuals to wear for my wedding, and it was a mess. I got a few stuck on, but I looked like a muppet with eyelashes sticking out everywhere!

Granted I was trying to do it the night before, but I'm pretty good with full sets.

So for a stress-free life, I would say try either the natural strips (so not uber-thick or long) or half lashes. I was convinced I would have the time to sit down and sort out the individuals, but fun stuff like a missing bridesmaids dress and last minute hemming sort of got in the way!

Have a great time!

Rushch6

I prefer half lashes, but my eyelashes are pretty long to begin with. Individual lashes are too time consuming and tricky to get just right....thats just my opinion

mzreyes

I think half lashes are definitly the easiest to apply. While individual ones look pretty natural, they are a pain, IMO, to apply. I used to wear the half lashes all the time. They are great, and probably wont come off through all the tears at your wedding, since they aren't as close to the tear ducts of your eyes. In my experience, the inner corners are the first to start peeling off when I get teary. HTH!