Favorite Eye shadow Primer

Kirsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by louislover1
when my tube runs out i cut it open and get a TON of product out! i can fill usualyy 3 five grams jars with all thats left in there

I once did this with a new UDPP to save hassle with the applicator etc, I prefer jars. But it dried out in like a week. I do not recommend this until its on its last legs.

Maybe that's painstakingly obvious for most though.
tong.gif
th_LMAO.gif

RedRibbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsty
I once did this with a new UDPP to save hassle with the applicator etc, I prefer jars. But it dried out in like a week. I do not recommend this until its on its last legs.

Maybe that's painstakingly obvious for most though.
tong.gif
th_LMAO.gif

A lot of people have said theirs dried out which is odd as I depotted mine when I had tonnes left in it (ie it wasn't on its last legs) and it hasn't dried out on me at all. I put it into an old face cream jar and it's stayed the same for me, it dried out a tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiny bit but I didn't notice until I was being really fussy with it.

I quite like Painterly as a base, it acts as an excellent "eyeshadow brightener"

sararose

I use Too Faced Eye Shadow Insurance! Not only does it prevent creasing, but it makes my shadows last ALL DAY! A few nights I feel asleep in my makeup (I know, I know, big no-no!) and the next morning, woke up and my EOTD was still perfect!

Tahti

My UDPP has started doing something very very strange to my eyemakeup... I'm not sure wtf I'm doing ;/ I use quite a lot of Fluidliner in my eyemakeup, and after about an hour of wear it just... cracks off o_o;;; any help??

Truthfully, I don't usually use a primer but I really need to start. I hate it when eyeshadow gets under my eyes. One of my friends SWEARS by Urban Decay primer though, and she's an expert
winks.gif
Hope this helps!

Hettepet

Hi!

I discovered the Mac paint pots, and I love them as a primer
choochoo.gif

(I'm a new be with the Mac products)
they are great!

loliver

I would not recommend UDPP to anyone who has ever had any sort of sensitivity to makeup. I had a terrible allergic reaction to UDPP and I do not have very sensitive skin. Something in the UDPP made my eyes swell up so much that I could barely open my eyes for several days. My doctor actually had to prescribe me steroids to reduce the swelling! I could not wear any makeup near my eyes for over a week.

I do, however, use and love Mac's CCBs for shadow primer. I personally use Pearl. Nights that I have fallen asleep without taking my eye makeup off, I have woken up the next morning to near perfect eye makeup.

Lauren1981

i'm addicted to udpp. i'm using sin right now and have slowly come to love it but i still think i like the original better. and i agree with an earlier post; just wish the packaging was better
winks.gif

Mizzvaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRibbon
A lot of people have said theirs dried out which is odd as I depotted mine when I had tonnes left in it (ie it wasn't on its last legs) and it hasn't dried out on me at all. I put it into an old face cream jar and it's stayed the same for me, it dried out a tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiny bit but I didn't notice until I was being really fussy with it.

I quite like Painterly as a base, it acts as an excellent "eyeshadow brightener"

Yeah it dried on mine
ssad.gif

Right now, I am using Elizabeth Arden Eye Primer and MAC Prep+Prime.
I still haven't seen a good e/s primer as good as UDPP.

BeautyPsycho

I have to use TFSI and EL double wear shadow creme (something like paintpots) because everything creases on me really easily
ssad.gif
But EL is awesome. I have 2 shades and want more. They are the best.

thiscarmen

Urban Decay Primer Potion.

I've got oily lids, and this keeps my shadows and liner from creasing, fading or smudging througout the day.

I just really really wish that they changed the packaging.

But here's a trick before you cut it open:
When you feel like you're running out, use a pair of scissors or tweezers, and tweeze off that top clear-ish plastic rim. Sure, that's the thing that squeezes all the excess primer off the wand when you pull it out, but once you get rid of that thing, you get access to much more of the product so that when you open it up, there isn't as much and it won't dry out as fast!

Latest posts