Favorite Mixers drink recipes!

Bernadette

Oh my gosh Shimmer, those all sound so good. I need to go shopping. Does Santa give alcohol? Hah :sangel:

Bernadette

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandGirl77
My favorite, becuase I dont' really drink liquor I'm a beer gal. LOL

Vodka, Cranberry juice and a splash of Ruby Red Grapefruit juice.

You should try cranberry juice with vanilla vodka. Sounds kinda weird but it's good! The vanilla vodka jsut kind of cuts down on the tart-ness a little.

tiffie0023

those coconut martini's sound yummy!

my fave drinks:

dreamsicle:
1 part licor 43
2 parts milk
2 parts orange juice
shake with ice and serve
so yummy - tastes just like a creamsicle!

south beach martini:
equal parts malibu rum, vanila vodka, and pineapple juice
shake with ice and serve

~LadyLocks~

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandGirl77
My favorite, becuase I dont' really drink liquor I'm a beer gal. LOL

Vodka, Cranberry juice and a splash of Ruby Red Grapefruit juice.

Isn't that a bay breeze or is it a sea breeze, I always get thoes two mixed up
hmm.gif
lol.

My favorite is similar though, Vodka, Cranberry, and Pineapple juice....can you cay YUMMM!!!

Whenever I go to order a drink I always have to explain it cause like I said, I always mix the two up and they always tell me but I always forget
rofl.gif

IslandGirl77

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LadyLocks~
Isn't that a bay breeze or is it a sea breeze, I always get thoes two mixed up
hmm.gif
lol.

My favorite is similar though, Vodka, Cranberry, and Pineapple juice....can you cay YUMMM!!!

Whenever I go to order a drink I always have to explain it cause like I said, I always mix the two up and they always tell me but I always forget
rofl.gif

Sounds good, someone also made me one with orange juice in a addition to all those other ingrediants and it was yummy!

And I think it's called...Sea Breeze...and yours ia called a Hawaiian Sea Breeze.

IslandGirl77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernadette
You should try cranberry juice with vanilla vodka. Sounds kinda weird but it's good! The vanilla vodka jsut kind of cuts down on the tart-ness a little.

Interesting, I think I'll try that one day.
smiles.gif

Shimmer

Almond Joy:

1 oz Kahlua® coffee liqueur
1/2 oz amaretto almond liqueur
1/2 oz creme de almond

Pour the kahlua into a chilled rocks glass. Carefully layer the amaretto and creme de almond on top.

Bernadette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
Almond Joy:

1 oz Kahlua coffee liqueur
1/2 oz amaretto almond liqueur
1/2 oz creme de almond

Pour the kahlua into a chilled rocks glass. Carefully layer the amaretto and creme de almond on top.

Shimmer you're killin' me over here! I want to try all of these
drinks.gif

Shimmer

polar bear

1/2 oz creme de cacao
1/2 oz peppermint schnapps

Mix drinks over ice before serving in a shot glass. Tastes like a peppermint patty! Serve in a shotglass.

d_flawless

shimmer, your bald pussy sounds amazing, lol

i just got back from a cruise and ever since, i've been wanting to try new drinks and stuff.
does anyone here watch top chef? last night they had to make their own drinks and they looked so good (well some of them)

aeni

I drink more wine than mixed or hard alcohol. But here's a favorite that's only good in the winter:

Snuggler:
Hot Chocolate
Baileys (1-2 shots/cup)

I found Bailey's to be the smoothest. Kahlua, Rum, and Whiskey don't really taste too yummy in it. Try some flavored schnapps though!

If you make your own hot chocolate rather than powder, bittersweet versions taste pretty well with this along with sugary cocoa.

For presentation - use a glass mug with peppermint or cocoa around the lip or whip cream and peppermint topping.

MAC_Whore

The Sushi Flower

DH and I were playing chemistry and threw this together. He usually makes it, so I will try and recall correctly what it takes.

Orangina soda-About a third.
Kind of hard to find in the US, but definitely a vital part. It isn't like regular orange soda. Orangina is much drier (not sweet) and has bits of pulp in it.

Cranapple Juice-About a third.

Pineapple Juice-Just a bit (like my accurate, scientific measurements?
smiles.gif
)

Pomegranite Juice-Just a splash to dry it up.

Then, the boooooze. We make two variations. In my fave, you add a shot of coconut rum. Or in another version, instead of the rum, add a shot of Vanilla Absolut (which I was surprised to find out, does not taste like vanilla-flavoured ass or vanilla extract).

Of course I picked the name, not DH, because the drink turned out the colour of Sushi Flower. Yes hubby calls them that as well. Which cracks me up.

They are best when served with a barbeque on your back deck and followed by sex for dessert.
winks.gif

Shimmer

I love hot weather drinks like that.

I've had two polar bears tonight (which is a RARITY for me as I don't drink at home as a rule...) & it's really a seasonal drink.
smiles.gif

SChotgurrl

My 2 faves that I always order at the bar are (I'm not sure exactly how much alcohol you use):

Madres= Vodka + OJ + Cran. Juice

Midori Sour= Midori (melon liquer) + Sweet & Sour mix --I swear it's like a liquid Jolly Rancher, yummmmmm!

When my friends and I pre-game (aka: drink before we go out, so we don't spend all our rent $$$ at the bar/club,
thmbup.gif
) I usually play bartender and make something with:

• Seagram's Orange Twisted Gin--> my all-time favorite liqour! It goes with ANYTHING!
  • Zygo (peach vodka)
  • A splash of Sprite or 7up (or sometimes those Smirnoff or Bacardi malt beverages, just for the carbonation)
  • Cran. Juice, OJ, and/or Pineapple Juice
I usually just dump everything together in a little shaker (add the soda/Bacardi last or it'll be flat), just varying the amounts of juice & alcohol until it's perfect...funny thing is those amounts change everytime I make 'em! Oh and if we're really feelin like divas that night, we drink them out of these twisted-stemmed martini glasses; and I add just a teeeeeny bit of Grenadine & a cherry after pouring it...PRETTTYFULLLLLL!!!
eyelove.gif
I haven't got a name for it yet, but it's pretty much my "specialty" drink
drinkup.gif

IslandGirl77

Quote:
Originally Posted by SChotgurrl
My 2 faves that I always order at the bar are (I'm not sure exactly how much alcohol you use):

Madres= Vodka + OJ + Cran. Juice

Midori Sour= Midori (melon liquer) + Sweet & Sour mix --I swear it's like a liquid Jolly Rancher, yummmmmm!

When my friends and I pre-game (aka: drink before we go out, so we don't spend all our rent $$$ at the bar/club,
thmbup.gif
) I usually play bartender and make something with:

• Seagram's Orange Twisted Gin--> my all-time favorite liqour! It goes with ANYTHING!
  • Zygo (peach vodka)
  • A splash of Sprite or 7up (or sometimes those Smirnoff or Bacardi malt beverages, just for the carbonation)
  • Cran. Juice, OJ, and/or Pineapple Juice
I usually just dump everything together in a little shaker (add the soda/Bacardi last or it'll be flat), just varying the amounts of juice & alcohol until it's perfect...funny thing is those amounts change everytime I make 'em! Oh and if we're really feelin like divas that night, we drink them out of these twisted-stemmed martini glasses; and I add just a teeeeeny bit of Grenadine & a cherry after pouring it...PRETTTYFULLLLLL!!!
eyelove.gif
I haven't got a name for it yet, but it's pretty much my "specialty" drink
drinkup.gif

Somebody made me that Madres at my house. Didn't know the name thanks! Oooo, and Midori sours are greeaat! Ooo, been sippin on some Icehouse I can't type. LOL

giz2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raerae
This thread belongs in the "deep thoughts" section! It obviously requires more attention as a good drink is defeneteley a serious subject
winks.gif

Cheers to that!!

giz2000

My contribution to the drink recipes:

Puerto Rican Coquito (I got this recipe from a good friend from PR...you'll never look at eggnog the same way again)

INGREDIENTS
6 egg yolks
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 tablespoons vanilla extract
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
5 (12 fluid ounce) cans evaporated milk
1 (10 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
1 (14 ounce) can cream of coconut
4 1/4 cups light rum
DIRECTIONS
In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks until smooth. Whisk in cinnamon and vanilla Stir in coconut milk, cream of coconut, sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, and rum. Taste and adjust cinnamon and vanilla if desired. Blend well and strain through a fine sieve or cheesecloth. Pour into clean bottles. Serve chilled.

Yum!!!!!!
clap.gif

Renee

Caramel Apple Martin
Equal parts Apple pucker, butterscotch schnapps, vanilla vodka.
Drizzle caramel ice cream topping in martini glass prior to pouring drink.
YUM!!!

kaliraksha

Alright girlies, this is what I always crave:: Home Enhanced Sangria-

Ingredients-
2 Oranges
1 apple
1 lime
bar syrup (optional)
1 bottle of "Real Sangria" (that's the brand)
2 cups of Apple Rum*

First you cut up all the fruit. Squeeze the juice of it into a pitcher then put all the fruit in pulp side up and pour a little bit of bar syrup on it (at least if you like it sweeter). Pour enough apple rum to cover the fruit and let it sit in the fridge for a few hours. Afterwards, pour in the rest of the rum and add sangria. I like to do a half and half version, depending on how strong you like it. I like to let it sit for a good 3-4 hours, but you can drink it right then... this is an awesome recipe... it's pure alcohol so a few cups are you should be golden. It's so sweet and the longer you let it sit and chill in the fridge- it just tastes better every day. I made this for my birthday party and everyone loved it. SO cheap too, I think to make a pitcher of this is like 8 dollars.

*Edit- apple rum is just my favorite, I have made it with everything. My favorites being dark rum, brandy, whiskey and at the very end vodka... so whatever you have on hand =)