Finished... my art and the road there.

knoxydoll

So this was a painting I have been working on with my new tablet. It was really just a practise/fun run but I love how it turned out.

The Final result :

Guilty_w.jpg

---------------------------
I've started on another painting :
blue_WIP001.jpg

blue_WIP002.jpg

blue_WIP003.jpg

blue_WIP004d.jpg

I haven't really been working as hard on it. I have some canvas paintings I have to get done soon also. But it's just so much fun to play with new toys.

I'll try and keep updating this with new pieces; but I don't guarantee that I'll always remember. However there's a link in my signature that has the most up to date project I'm doing.

Hope you guys enjoy.

MACATTAK

These are sooo cool! Do you just use regular paint & brushes? They look so different then anything I've ever seen, and I love it!

knoxydoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACATTAK
These are sooo cool! Do you just use regular paint & brushes? They look so different then anything I've ever seen, and I love it!

It's done digitally with a pen and tablet. I was trained however with traditional materials (pens, paints, pastles...) there's a big boom in digital art, but I really just love it for it's simplicity.

j_absinthe

Good start so far. I needs me a tablet though, my hands ache from doing all this digital work with a mouse.

If ever you want to look up some good techniques and tutorials on digital painting-and painting in general-hit up the conceptart.org message boards. hth.

knoxydoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_absinthe
Good start so far. I needs me a tablet though, my hands ache from doing all this digital work with a mouse.

If ever you want to look up some good techniques and tutorials on digital painting-and painting in general-hit up the conceptart.org message boards. hth.

I've only had the tablet a few weeks. I'm loving it so much. I'm really glad I broke down and got one. I didn't really touch digital before because I knew how much of a pain in the ass mouse work is.
I've been painting and drawing as long as I can remember, and I seriously got into works about 10 years ago. Since then I've become slightly establish I guess you could say. I sell my art, and it makes me happy. I'm not overly swamped with commission pieces so it's more a hobby than a job right now. But that may change soon enough.

knoxydoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly
holy cow! love these! you're like Andy Warhol or something
winks.gif

Not quite like Mr. Warhol but thanks
smiles.gif

knoxydoll

So I have yet to finish the blue haired girl. But here's one I knocked out tonight.

It's my friend Jaime.

Completed :
Pirate_Jw.jpg

WIP:

Pirate_JWIP001w.jpg

Pirate_JWIP002w.jpg

Pirate_JWIP003w.jpg

Pirate_JWIP004w.jpg