• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

First attempted tutorial (!!!)

theleopardcake

Hello fine specktra members. I finally found a way to wear trax without looking like I have pink eye. So...I decided to make a tutorial for those of you who also seem to have trouble with trax.

This is my first tutorial ever so I apologize in advance if it's not detailed enough or the pictures suck. Thanks and I hope you enjoy!

Here are the products I used:

p11902034ek.jpg

(MAC- trax e/s, stars n rockets e/s, contrast e/s, freshwater e/s retrospeck e/s, & the rest <base, neutral colored lip gloss, concealor, mascara, brushes> of your choice)

First and foremost, start out with a clean face. Here I have my brows slightly drawn on because I look like an alien without them filled in.
ssad.gif
Also notice the really chapped/dry lips.

p11902011ja.jpg

Then put on your base. I used Mark's Super Mark It in Fairy/Fee (the lavender one). Blend to your desire. It should look like this:

p11902052vz.jpg

Then apply trax e/s all over your lids like so:

p11902066aq.jpg

and it should look like this

p11902074nj.jpg

Now apply stars n rockets e/s in the inner corners to the middle of your lids like so:

p11902136pm.jpg

Okay after that, dot a very minimal amount of contrast e/s to your outer corners:

p11902282pm.jpg

and blend it till it looks like this:

p11902302an.jpg

add the highlighter (i used retrospeck) along the browbone to make it look like this:

p11902339rk.jpg

Take your small angled brush and dip it into contrast (wet the brush slightly) and sweep it across your lashline then blend it upward

p11902389ca.jpg

I waited till now to put on concealor just because it's easier and better to apply it after excess eyeshadow powder has been cleaned up:

p11902405mv.jpg

Now line your waterline with contrast like this:

p11902433os.jpg

and do the same thing again with freshwater (on top of contrast)

p11902469sn.jpg

Apply mascara:

p11902475it.jpg

FINALLY the lips (i put on rosebud salve before i apply lip gloss to moisturize my entire mouth area):

p11902533qy.jpg

yay lipgloss (i used venom gloss by duwop in firethorn):

p11902564xs.jpg

apply subtle blush:

p11902582nn.jpg

AND YOU ARE DONE!

p11902613ex.jpg

p11902665zm.jpg

p11902634gg.jpg

p11902827fu.jpg

smiles.gif

theleopardcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by so_siqqq
Nice tutorial. I love the purple and I love Brody Dalle!

lol thank you! i didn't even realize that i had pictures of brody on my wall. i used to be obsessed with her!

Peaches

That is so hot! I love your lip colour. Its adorable <3

Im so going to try this! [I say that alot, but Im bookmarking them all!]

theleopardcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaches
That is so hot! I love your lip colour. Its adorable <3

Im so going to try this! [I say that alot, but Im bookmarking them all!]

lol thank you!

MACmermaid

oh thanks for the great tutorial! *runs to clean off the dust that has been gathering on her trax from disuse*
smiles.gif

kalikutes

Its cute. but i personally would have used a different highlight like frost pigment for this look. for some reason retrospeck doesnt always work well as a highlight. at least that is just my opinion

theleopardcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalikutes
Its cute. but i personally would have used a different highlight like frost pigment for this look. for some reason retrospeck doesnt always work well as a highlight. at least that is just my opinion

thank you. yea you're right. retrospeck is super glittery (too glittery), but that's the only thing i have right now as a highlight. i heard that shroom was good too. what other colors do you usually use as highlights (Besides pigments)?

kalikutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by theleopardcake
thank you. yea you're right. retrospeck is super glittery (too glittery), but that's the only thing i have right now as a highlight. i heard that shroom was good too. what other colors do you usually use as highlights (Besides pigments)?

for highlight i use mostly frost. but i would try shroom definitly. ricepaper is good too. primisque i love too but isnt that one discontinued? im not sure. i think it might be.