First FOTD - Pink Freeze/Til Daybreak/Nocturnelle

MiaGirl

Well, I gotta tell you I'm a little nervous posting as I'm still quite new to MAC and learning better techniques, but I figure I can only learn by posting here.

This is more or less a trial for my wedding day makeup (the catalyst that got me into MAC in the first place, but I can tell the interest is going to last long after I'm married!). I've been planning to do purples for ages to bring out the green in my hazel eyes, but I also want to try a couple of other looks which I'll post as well and get opinions on.

BTW, I know this isn't the usual 'blushing bride' kind of wedding makeup, no neutrals for me. But it isn't really that kind of wedding, I'm wearing a green dress for starters.

Please ignore my hair, which needs a trim and had just been washed when I took the pics.

USED:

FACE:
Everyday Minerals concealer in Fair Intensive
Everyday Minerals foundation in Fair Medium Intensive and Golden Medium Matte (blended)
Everyday Minerals Silk Dust translucent powder
Everyday Minerals Blush in Sunday Brunch
Phloof! e/s to highlight

EYES:
Maybelline liquid foundation to prime (buying some UDPP soon)
Phloof! e/s
Pink Freeze e/s
Til Daybreak e/s
Nocturnelle e/s
Smut e/s
Blacktrack f/l on tightline and upper lashline
Maybelline Unstoppable pencil liner in Black on upper lashline and lower water line
L'oreal Telescopic Mascara in Black

LIPS:
A deux l/s
Oyster girl l/g

P1010007.jpg

P1010008.jpg

P1010009-1.jpg

P1010010-1.jpg

I'm not sure on the lip colour and I also think the foundation might be too dark. I'm thinking I might just stick with the Fair Medium and not blend it, or the Fairly Light Neutral I've been using before.

For comparison, here's a look I did on another day using the same eye colours but with Fairly Light Neutral foundation and a different lip colour from Everyday Minerals (Plum Dust)

P1010001.jpg

Do you think it looks better?

faifai

I like both looks, but the lipcolor in the first one just looks so beautiful and polished, perfect for a wedding.

BinkysBaby

I like both.
I think the first lip color is nice for the wedding and maybe the second one for the reception because they both look nice.

XShear

I prefer the second lip color ... it looks more natural, just a bit darker. It looks lovely.

zori

Both are pretty but I prefer the first lip colour. It gives a nice polished look.

Krasevayadancer

I think the look is great and could totally be used for your wedding (which sounds really cool) I also prefer the first lip color to the second
smiles.gif

hotpink1326

You are very pretty!! I think i like the way it looks better in the 1st pictures but I seriously love this look for your wedding... stunning!!!

pichima

both are really pretty! i like the 1st lipcolor better for a wedding
-you'll be a beautiful bride!

Triskele

I definitely like the first version better - you look like you're positively GLOWING in it, and it's very wedding appropriate (even for an unconventional wedding - by the way, with your skintone and hair color, I bet the green dress will make you look like a total knockout!)