five acres of burning plastic and paper

kimmy

if you live in southern california, you probably heard about the recycling plant in riverside that burned a few days ago. my sister and i went and photographed it, some from in the car on the way to the scene and some right across the street from it.

000_0362.jpg

000_0358.jpg

000_0358.jpg

000_0354.jpg

000_0352.jpg

000_0348.jpg

000_0344.jpg

SuSana

I saw a big black cloud and I figured something was burning but never heard anything about it. That looks terrible. Where is Riverside is that at?

kimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSana
I saw a big black cloud and I figured something was burning but never heard anything about it. That looks terrible. Where is Riverside is that at?

it was right near the 60/215/91 interchange.
winks.gif

Ms. Q

Yea I started seeing it from the 215 in colton, by the time I got onto the 15s It looked huge, maybe around 5:30 but the 60 w had no traffic at all at that time which is extremly wierd. I live in chino hills, but I couldnt see it from home. Great pics though

kimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana_macnewbie
Yea I started seeing it from the 215 in colton, by the time I got onto the 15s It looked huge, maybe around 5:30 but the 60 w had no traffic at all at that time which is extremly wierd. I live in chino hills, but I couldnt see it from home. Great pics though

thanks.
smiles.gif
they shut down the interchange shortly after the fire broke out because the fumes coming from the plastic are extremely toxic and travelers on the 60 would have had to drive directly through it, so they diverted all the traffic back onto city streets and the 91 via construction ramps.
winks.gif

MxAxC-_ATTACK

gross!! its all thick and black. I saw it on the news but I don't live close enough to actually have seen it