Fix+ on top of MMU -- does this make it last longer?

I used EDM a year ago and liked the way it looked but wasn't impressed with the staying power. I was thinking of ordering it again and am wondering, if I put moisturizer under and fix+ over, will it last longer? Before I used shiseido SPF 55 lotion under and nothing over. I don't want to use a primer because I have easily clogged pores, but I do have Shiseido spf 55 cream, which is primerlike, and fix+. If I use both of these, could the lasting power be better? Would it be worth reordering? (I don't want to go through the shade- and formula-matching hassle again, so please no recs for other MMU brands.)

Ikara

I have BE and by itself it doesn't have much staying power either.
I have tried applying it and then spraying with Fix+, it doesn't make it stay much longer (maybe a bit more yes) but it makes it look better for sure.
I think the best is mixing it with a moisturizer, it looks great and stays better

MACATTAK

I use my moisturizer & let it set. Then I spray my face with Fix+, and quickly apply my minerals (this gives the minerals more of a binder to stick to). After applying the minerals I apply another spritz of the Fix+ all over my face. My mineral makeup lasts all day doing this.

ModelBoy

Started using EDM about two months ago, and finally got down a system of getting it to stay in place and still look flawless, even after a twelve hour day partially spent sweating in 90 degree heat.

List of products:
Ben Nye Final Seal (prefer this over other makeup sealers because it contains an antiperspirant, but something like Fix+ should work nearly as well)
Smashbox Photofinish Primer (again, other silicone based primers work equally as well. Second choice is Monistat Calming Anti-Chafing Gel)
Aveda Translucent Powder
Aveda Powder Brush
EDM foundation
EDM Round Top Kabuki
Medium Eyeshadow Brush
MAC 187 Brush

Spritz 187 with Final Seal once or twice, and stipple over bare, cleansed skin (including under eyes and eyelids). This will help prevent sweating, and will also create a seal to lock the primer and makeup in.
Smooth one pump of primer over face, focusing on T-Zone and cheeks. Let set for one to two minutes.
Dust a light layer of translucent powder over entire face, focusing on T-Zone.
Collect foundation on kabuki brush, and tap it onto the skin lightly on the middle of the nose, each cheek, the chin, and the forehead. Stipple these areas (still using the kabuki), then buff the whole face in small, circular motions.
Reapply another light layer of foundation in problem areas using same method.
Buff entire face lightly in large circular motions.
Using medium eyeshadow brush, spot conceal blemishes and under eyes.
Buff face very gently in small circular motions with kabuki.
Dust translucent powder over entire face, focusing on T-Zone.
Let makeup set for about three to five minutes.
Spritz 187 with Final Seal/ Stipple all over face, focusing on nose, cheeks, under eyes, and forehead.
Don't touch or in any way disturb makeup for about three minutes. This allows the Final Seal to set.

This method provides an airbrush finish that is smudge, crease, transfer, and melt resistant. Didn't need a single touchup throughout the entire day, and only saw minimal creasing in my "smile lines" at the end of the day. Hope this helped!

Aphrael

I second MACATTAK's recommendations! I very much recommend the good moisturiser and the Fix + before and after to set the powder. The makeup seems to last and no "melting" or turning a darker shade!

LorraineER

This is old post but if anyone still has this question I've found that if I use Fix+ it makes things look less powdery/more natural but not necessarily last longer. Since this post there are some good makeup sealants on the market. I've been using Urban Decay's De-Slick version of the up all night staying sprays over my minerals since it's summer. I think MUFE has a good one too that I want to try when the UD runs out.
Has anyone used the MUFE version over mineral makeup??
Ben Nye final seal sounds awesome but I'm worried it'd clog my pores, does anyone have any experience using it with acne-prone skin?