Fluidline brushes and an eye shadow colour. (Please?)

sel00187

Hi all! Ive got an exam on thursday so to cheer meself up afta the exam, im going to MAC. right heres the question. i bought blacktrack fluidline witht he 266 small angled brush a while back, i cannot use this brush to save my life
weeping.gif
well i can, but the line is too thick and i dont get the line how i want it. i was wondering if anyone could recommend a better, thinner brush for fluidline for me (i was thinking about gettin the 209 eyeliner or the 211 fine point pencil. which do you think?) also i need a neutral eyeshadow which gives me colour, but its not really, really obvious im wearing eyeshadow i have blue eyes a brown hair. im asking a lot i know but i have 2 days to figure it out lol.
thanks for your help. x

Femme Noir

i like both the 209 and 211. however, with the 209 i ended up having to shave off some fibers on the brush to give the tip more of a fine point because it began to splay pretty bad. Sephora sells this extremely slim/fine point brush for $8.00 and it's the best eyeliner brush i've ever used.

and in order to answer your neutral eyeshadow question that will give you a bit of color, you first have to tell us what skin tone you are. if you use mac foundation tell us if you're NC20 or NW45, etc etc...

sel00187

thanks for replying
smiles.gif
I bought select cover up and the woman gave me NW20, i find that a bit too dark as u can tell im wearing it if you look closely, so i was hoping to get a shade down next time. is that ne help? thanks for the info about the sephora brush i might have a look x

BlahWah

I have the 266 and I know what you mean by thick lines! One MA suggested getting product on the edge of the brush by stroking the brush lightly while slightly tilted and using that edge closest to the lashes. I only use/have Shade, tho, so I don't use f/l every day, but this has worked out okay so far w/out buying a new brush. HTH!

sel00187

ooo i might try that tonight, slightly tilted. il remember that. thanks blahwah. id still like the 209 brush but if this works i might not have to! thanks x

alysia

a nice neutral look: Brule all over, All that Glitters on the lid, Sable in the crease and as a liner.
a little less neutral but still subtle: Relaxing all over, In living pink on the lid, bateau in the crease and as a liner.
Both are really pretty and soft looking.

sel00187

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahWah
I have the 266 and I know what you mean by thick lines! One MA suggested getting product on the edge of the brush by stroking the brush lightly while slightly tilted and using that edge closest to the lashes. I only use/have Shade, tho, so I don't use f/l every day, but this has worked out okay so far w/out buying a new brush. HTH!

whoever told you that tip needs their feet kissing lol i just tried it cuz i was bored and it works like a dream! i still need a bit of practice but it looks SO much better than how i used to do it. thank you!
th_worship.gif

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by sel00187
whoever told you that tip needs their feet kissing lol i just tried it cuz i was bored and it works like a dream! i still need a bit of practice but it looks SO much better than how i used to do it. thank you!
th_worship.gif

*lol* Glad it helped!

Luckie_Duck

I find an angle liner brush hard to use. I bought a tiny but firm taklon pointy brush at a craft supply store and it's so much easier to use.

bellaetoile

go to a craft supply store, like michaels or joann fabric, and buy an artist's paint brush with a fine tip. they're SO much cheaper than mac brushes, and they have a great selection of fine point angled and pencil brushes. i bought the 209 and i don't like it...i always end up using one of my fine point painter brushes for fluidlines..

kimmy

Filament, Malt, Gleam or Grain might be good choices of shadow. i'm an NW15 (which is your true skintone if like you said, you need a shade lighter than the NW20) and those seem to be the most natural looking things on me
smiles.gif

Jess-ee-ka

I love Patina, All that glitters, jest, retrospeck, and relaxing for neutral colours. Patina is a light taupe with pink frost but my description doesn't really do it justice. Its so beautiful and natural.....you should check that out for sure.

serendipityii

I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday, and they were having 1/2 off all their brushes, and got a brush for lining and a brush like the 212... for less than 3 bucks. They work great!

sabn786

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowyLady
Era is my favorite everyday eyeshadow. It really looks natural! I highly suggest it
smiles.gif

me too i love that one with honesty for a little shimmer

Latest posts