For Las Vegas residents. a few questions...

melozburngr

Hi all you Vegas girls (or boys) I currently live in West Michigan, but am contemplating a move to Vegas, I have been for a few years now.... I recently got a call back from one of the résumés that I sent out there, and I am just wondering what the cost of living is like out there, is it a great place to live, is there anything that I should know, etc. Any information and/or advice would be greatly appreciated. TIA!
thmbup.gif

prettysecrets

I'm from michigan 2. no advice for you but I loved Las Vegas when I was there and it seems like it would be so exciting to live there. esp. coming from michigan.

theres a MAC pro store 2!!! :)

Good luck with everything.

amoona

I don't live in Vegas but my cousin does. Cost of living is getting a little more expensive then what it used to be but I'm not sure how it compares to where you live. I'm sure you can do a search online and found a comparison. She and her husband love Vegas but now there kids aren't babies anymore and they are planning on moving back to California soon. Vegas isn't the best place to raise a child no matter what people tell you. If you don't have kids though then go for it.

melozburngr

cost of living in MI for me is for apt $610 for one bedroom, with w/d and heat. with other utilities and cable/internet it was upwards of 750-800.

gas: $3.05-$3.20 lately
beer: $3-7 :p

I'm young (26- nearly 27), I have no attachments other than family (sister, parents, grandma, etc), no children, so now is the ideal time to pack up and make a huge change. I'm just curious what added expenses to factor in when negotiating salary, if/when it comes to that.

thanks for the info so far!
smiles.gif

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by melozburngr
cost of living in MI for me is for apt $610 for one bedroom, with w/d and heat. with other utilities and cable/internet it was upwards of 750-800.

gas: $3.05-$3.20 lately
beer: $3-7 :p

I'm young (26- nearly 27), I have no attachments other than family (sister, parents, grandma, etc), no children, so now is the ideal time to pack up and make a huge change. I'm just curious what added expenses to factor in when negotiating salary, if/when it comes to that.

thanks for the info so far!
smiles.gif

my good friend lives out there.. Rent out there ranges between 800-1000 bucks. depends on location and in Las Vegas.. you DO NOT want to live in a bad location.