Foundation recs -- help me pick one!

I have skin that's dryish-combo and acne-prone. I have some acne marks, but I also have freckles that look weird if too much makeup is on them (or if I don't use makeup over them but do on the rest of my face) so I need sheer coverage, and not too matte. I use clinique almost makeup for a quick, sheer application, but looking for something maybe more polished for work.

Right now I'm using shiseido sun protection liquid foundation. I'm not sure I want to keep it -- it's protective and lasts well but is so sticky. I was thinking about..
--Studio fix powder applies with a buki brush
--MSF natural applied with a buki brush
--Clinique city stick foundation (got good MUA reviews)
--Rebuying the everyday minerals foundation that I really liked the look of, but that didn't last very long through the day (I usually reapplied at lunch)

Which of these would give sheer-to-moderate coverage and last through a workday without drying out my skin?

anshu7

studio fix powder is supposed to giv u pretty heavy cverage
i like the idea of msf with kabuki (u cn also use fix + with it)
and i also vote for everyday minerals, u can use a little fix+ along with it .it shud last longer tht way
hope tht helps!

Tonee

Studio Fix powder may not be the best option for acne prone skin.

In addition to the foundation you have listed, try out the following as they offer sheer to medium coverage:

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer
MUFE Face and Body
Clarins Color Tint
Alima Mineral foundation

lethaldesign

I have similar skin & although I've tried 923874896876 different foundations (& continue to do so), I always go back to my Everyday Minerals. Here is my routine & my foundation seems to last me pretty much through out the day:

Apply Clinique's Dramatically Different moisturizer; let dry. Apply primer all over face (currently, I'm using Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch, but I love MAC's Prep + Prime as well); let dry. Swirl your buffer brush into mineral foundation real good. Then spritz the brush with Fix+ (or a spray bottle will work if you don't have Fix+). Then buff into skin. I personally prefer a flat top buffer brush for all over because I feel I get better coverage than with a rounded buffer brush. *shrugs* You can apply more layers if you want more coverage. Every time you swirl, re-spritz with Fix+ before buffing into your skin. Lightly dust all over your face with a finishing powder.

HTH!