foundation techniques?

stargazer_k

I got a very good make up base that covers my reddness on my cheeks as well as decreased the appearance of my pores, BUT everything's ruin once I put on my foundation. It looks like the pores appeared out of no where once I put on my foundation. I was wondering if it was my foundation, or the way I put on my foundation that did that.

I use Clinique's superfit liquid foundation, along with a foundation brush. is it because my foundation is more towards the sheer side, or my brush that sort of "taken away" the makeup base?

thanks for answering...

saniyairshad

try using a primer underneath it to close enlarged pores and help the foundation go on smoother.
Recs:
Smashbox Photofinish Primer
MAC Prep + Prime

zaralovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer_k
I got a very good make up base that covers my reddness on my cheeks as well as decreased the appearance of my pores, BUT everything's ruin once I put on my foundation. It looks like the pores appeared out of no where once I put on my foundation. I was wondering if it was my foundation, or the way I put on my foundation that did that.

I use Clinique's superfit liquid foundation, along with a foundation brush. is it because my foundation is more towards the sheer side, or my brush that sort of "taken away" the makeup base?

thanks for answering...

What base do you use?I have issues with redness too but have yet to find something that counteracts it.

I agree that Cliniques Superfit is very sheer but that shouldn't really be a problem...hmmm..why not try applying it with a sponge and just dab it on so you're not sweeping off the base like might happen with a brush.

I also agree with saniyairshad..if all else fails,try a primer.

Beauty Mark

Try using as few strokes as possible with the brush and apply it downward.

If that doesn't work, dab on your foundation using a sponge.

stargazer_k

uhm, I'll try using the primer after the makeup base then.

The make up base I used is from a Korean brand call Laneige. Here's a picture of it. I uses the green one. it works really well with my skin tone (since I'm Asian) it has a foundation like texture where it turns powder like once you've blend it into your skin. I like this make up base so much that I almost want to run out and get its foundation.

base_makeup_p1_04b.jpg

Latest posts