Foundation Thinner Alternatives

Dominikanmorena

Hey Lovelies! So Last week I attended the Makeup Show in NYC. I did some major haulage (i'll post later). Included in that, I purchased the RCMA foundation palette. I totally forgot that these things are super pigmented and should be thinned out so I did not get any foundation thinner for it. So I was wondering if it was absolutely necessary to go and buy the foundation thinner or if it was possible to just use something else...say like a moisturizer? Please help!

Nicala

A moisturizer can definitely help with thinning it out.
smiles.gif

MzzRach

Agree on the moisturizer rec - it should work fine. I have the RCMA Shinto palette and I have used both moisturizer and MAC Fix+ to dilute it.

BabyGirlB

Oh this is good to know! I bought this palette last November but haven't used it because I forgot to get the thinner! I'm going to pull it out and play with it now! Do you just mix the foundation with moisturizer in the pan or do you suggest a makeup mixing palette?

MzzRach

I use the back of my hand to dilute the foundation - I would not do it directly in the pan so you do not introduce additional product into the foundation pan itself.