Freestanding Stores & Theft

ARmakeupjunkie

This post reminds me of a counter I sometimes go to that does not have wall space. Like a number of counters in this department store, the MAC counter sits in the middle so all the makeup is/was within reach of the customers. You could/can pick out what you want and take it to a MA to ring you up. It's been about five months since I was last there so, I can't remember if they have changed the setup or not.

Raerae

Be kinda sad...

Inmate 1 - What are u in for?
Inmate 2 - Murder, you?
Inmate 1 - I took a 1/2 empty pot of Electric Eel...

lol.. Can you even do jail time for shoplifting? I guess if it was a repeat offense maybe?

..kels*

i work in a cosmetics department & it's truly disgusting how much theft there is. i don't understand the tester theft though.. how desperate can you be? i don't think they realize that they'll get in just as much shit for stealing a tester as they would for a new product.
th_rolleye0014.gif

pahblov

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekChick
Yes, you can. There are cameras everywhere, and stealing (even if it's testers) is still stealing. My counter is very circular, and in the middle stands a wooden wall. This is not really convenient for us because we can't see what is happening on the other side. If I'm standing in the "lip area", I have no idea what is going on in the "foundation area".
One time I asked 2 teenage girls if they needed any help with anything. They said no so I let them browse around the eyeshadows, while I went to help this lady, looking for a lipstick, on the opposite side of the counter. About 5 minutes later, I saw them walk away, out of the department store and into the mall. Next thing I know, I see security running after them. I was completely lost, they had been so nice and sweet. When they security man came back, he asked me if i was missing testers, and pulled out at least 10 shadesticks out of his pocket. He had been lurking around the counters, until he spotted them shoving all the makeup into their pants.

I just don't understand why people would want to steal testers! Maybe MAC should plant some pink-eye testers so those thieves learn a lesson!

Shimmer

grody as it is, eye shadows/blushes are easily sanitized, and since they're dry, bacteria don't live on them long, IIRC.
Take it home, sanitize it, and consider yourself 15 dollars saved.

Yick.
Typing that made me feel all dirty inside.

Love Always Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raerae
Be kinda sad...

Inmate 1 - What are u in for?
Inmate 2 - Murder, you?
Inmate 1 - I took a 1/2 empty pot of Electric Eel...

lol.. Can you even do jail time for shoplifting? I guess if it was a repeat offense maybe?

idk about other states but in NYS,

First Offense (petit larceny .... <$1000) with little to no record: usually get off with ACOD with a mandatory shoplifting class and restitution to the store (in NYS is up to 5x the amount you took) or community service
(plus the cost of lawyers and annoyance to go to court for arraignment and trial)

2nd Offence: maximum 1 yr in jail for petit larceny, minimum 1 yr in jail for grand larceny